Community post

Discussion

10dpo +HPT which disappears in minutes?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and hopefully are posting in the correct place. My DH & I are ttc our 2nd child. This is our 4th month of ttc, with no1 it happened straight away. Anyway, I'm becoming a bit of a POAS addict over the past few months so bought some cheapies from eBay.
I O'd on 25th Oct and BD on 19th, 21st, 23rd, 24th (got +OPK) and in the AM of 26th & 28th so pretty much covered all the basis! On 7dpo I felt some slight cramps that only lasted for a little while but on 8dpo I had quite strong Ov type pains on the lower left abdomen all day and into the early evening. They weren't too sore that I had to take paracetamol, i also had 1 pin prick spot of bright red blood in the TP when i wiped (tmi sorry!!) it was so small at first I thought it may have been a chip of my nail polish! By 9dpo cramps were gone altogether. I've only had clear slightly stretchy CM, but only when checking cervix none on pants or no wet feeling! Since about 8dpo my bbs have been feeling odd I can't describe it other than just odd!
Anyway I done an eBay cheapie at 9dpo and got a faint pink line which I thought was in the wrong place on test after about 8 mins, but by 10mins it was gone (though just enough time to show DH & DD inbetween and tell them we were having a baby). done another on 10dpo with FMU and total negative and just done a other at 5pm and same thing happened as first, though line appeared where I would think it should be.
Has anyone ever experienced this? I'm baffled but DH doesn't want me to do any more tests till after my period due if it doesn't come. But don't know if I can trust these ++ as they're disappearing so quickly?

Sorry for such a long post!

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I would buy a better test. I always used first responce. Those test never have done me wrong. Even when my hcg was at 5 a faint line would show. I had two chemicals and am currently pregnant again. This time though my test got really dark which they didn't with the last two. Down fall of these test, they aren't cheap. Good luck!

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks for replying, yes think that's what I need to do - just been so baffled why +++ would appear only go disappear so quickly, it's not although it could be evap in that little a timeframe! Will give it another day and get a FRER or Superdrug test. Thanks

10 years ago • Post starter

I know those test read low. It says 25 but it's had a faint line for me when my hcg was at 5!! I've seen other woman say it's read for them when their levels were real low to. They have never done me wrong. This is my third pregnancy in a row so I've taken a million test. Lol. Do you have any symptoms? Let me know what happens.

User Image

10 years ago

I don't have real symptoms if that makes sense other than the cramping & blood spot at 8dpo, I've been having mild cramping on and off ever since, and my bbs are killing me - none of which are norm for me on the run up to AF (which is due tomorrow). With my DD I tested on the day AF was due, the day after and 2 days after that which were all negative, then got my BFP 5 days after I was due!! Only symptom at that point was a heavy cold, which started 2days before my BFP! Will let u know what happens tomorrow!! How far along are you?

10 years ago • Post starter

Bbs pain always happens to me before my period. Difference when I'm pregnant is it doesn't go away. I get undo mini bad and my eyes are so red it's crazy. My husband thinks I'm just tired but I'm not at all. Lol. I am 5 weeks now. Almost 6. I got my fingers crossed for you. Keep in touch.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo