Community post

Discussion

First attempt with Clomid.. chance of multiples??

View Full Post

Hi Ladies!!

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year and a half and we are starting clomid for the first time today. I was wondering if being put on 100mg vs 50 mg will increase our chances of multiples even more? Although I would be so happy with one, the thought of having twins is exciting! Twins don't run in our families, so I don't know if that would have a negative impact. We have been through a lot of testing and have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Although the doctor thinks I'm ovulating, she thinks that my luteal phase may not be long enough during some cycles to support implantation. I am happy to know nothing is wrong with us, but at the same time its extremely frustrating to know that it's just not happening for some unknown reason. If I do regularly ovulate, do you think the clomid will help, and maybe bless us with more than one? Crossing my fingers this is our last month of trying and for all you out there in the same boat as well!!

34 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 34 Replies | Last Page

We are so close to knowing if this was our month! I am 11 dpo now, no spotting (yes!) and increased cm today... hope that's not a bad sign. But like I said, for a normal cycle I should have started spotting 2 days ago. no other symptoms or signs, that's it and don't feel pregnant; I guess time will tell! I've been taking tests every morning for last couple days, lol.. just can't help myself. My period is due Saturday as well... only a couple more days :)

10 years ago • Post starter

In my experience... I don't necessarily think that a higher dosage of clomid increases your chances of multiples. It all depends on how sensitive your body is to the clomid. I just completed 50mg stint, had ultrasound and doc says I have a chance of producing 4 eggs (2 are good to go for sure). I responded too well, where as others may not at all. You do need to be monitered though. I believe it would be irresponsible for your doc not to.

10 years ago

10yearshopeful that was an amazing response! Are they going to cut your dose down to 25mg if you don't get pregnant this cycle? For me 50mg didn't really do much. Had one great cycle, a couple of okay ones and a dreadful one. This cycle I am on 100mg and the response looks good so far! I am about to ovulate today or tomorrow I think. Estradiol was excellent on Wednesday. Will have progesterone test on Friday.

1yearin how is it going? We haven't talked for a while! Did you get a BFP? Or onto a new cycle like me?

10 years ago

shelob.. yes, if it doesn't take this cycle they are reducing my dosage to 25mg but only letting me do 3 cycles.:( I go for my blood work tomorrow. I am currently 7dpo and think I got an extremely faint positive but I'm sure I have line eye. I'll post it under pregnancy tests. GL to you and fx. [good_luck] [baby_dust]

10 years ago

congrats 10yearshopeful!! I am so excited for you! I am on my second cycle of clomid trying.. My doc says I can only do it for 2 more cycles and then it's either going back to just trying or invitro. Hubby isn't on board with invitro, so I'm really hoping the next couple of months works for us. Last month I ovulated on day 17, so I wasn't expecting to ovulate for awhile, and surprise, I got a peak on day 12! Although, because I wasn't planning on it being that early, we didn't bd when we should have :( but to try to make up for it we bd'd twice that day lol. Currently I am cd 18 and 5 dpo. No symptoms once again so not hopeful for this month. I think if we don't get a positive in the next 2 cycles we are going to take a break. It's starting to wear on both of us.

10 years ago • Post starter

Baby dust to ya 1yearin! I think I did have line eye with the tests that I've already taken but it's still early. It stinks to think that we both might only have another cycle or two left on clomid but I'm sure it's for a good reason. For 9 years we were unsuccessful and then early this year I made it to about 10 weeks. I was exciting but at the same time, it adds more stress about why it's not happening again. I'm not ready to give up but certainly getting ready for a break. FX for ya!

10 years ago

Oh girls, having that time limit on clomid makes it so much more stressful! I haven't been told when I can take it till. I haven't over responded though so at the moment they are fine with me continuing. Hopefully I won't need more than this 5th cycle! At least with 100mg I could tell I had responded well!

How are your pregnancy tests going 10yearshopeful? Hope you have a darker line...

10 years ago

Hi shelob..I'm now 14dpo but keep getting bfn. Af due today but no symptoms. Cp is extremely high soft and closed. Lots of thin cm. I read up on clomid and I guess it's common for it to really throw your cycle off. Like the tww wasn't stressful enough. Fx for everyone.

10 years ago

Yes clomid is likely to lengthen your cycle as it improves progesterone. I used to often have a 14 day luteal phase, now it is always 15 days so I get AF on 16dpo.

No signs is a good sign though. Hope you get a bfp in a day or two :)

I am 8dop. patiently waiting-ish.

10 years ago

Hi Ladies
Me and DH have been ttc for over 2 years and I finally have made an appointment with a doc. Im just starting this journey of getting help. What do you think I should expect from this 1st appointment. Just a chat, exam, . . . .

Do they have to test different things before they will put you on Clomid? Im sure they will need a SA from dh, but other than that I feel like I'm walking into the dark with this. I have really regular cycles that I have charted with bbt. I think Im ovulating, but I guess I wont know for sure until I see the doc.

Good luck to all of you on you Clomid journey. I hope we all find success soon with our baby making.

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo