Community post

Discussion

WANTED : Tips to keep me sane and save me £&Aci

Hi all,
Just like a lot of women TTC I seem to be driving my self crazy.

Every month I convince myself I 'definitely am' pregnant. And after hours of scouring the internet for women who have the same symptoms and are the same DPO and got their BFP, we POAS to get ours.

This afternoon I POAS, I'm only POSSIBLY 10dpo

Of course it was negative, what did I expect?! £5 in the bin.

Why is it we torture ourselves every month, every tiny little thing making us think this month is our month, only to test early and then be stuck in the limbo of was it negative because it was too early or the wrong time of day.... Or was it because I'm not actually pregnant.

My husband doesn't understand why I can't just wait till the day after I'm due to test....and he would go nuts if he knew just how much I spent on tests.

Anyone have any tips to stay sane?!

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

No I was wishing and hoping for the same. But there really isn't especially if your a symptom spotter and a poas addict like myself. My husband gets very annoyed with me over the same thing. Then if I try to explain why I'm testing early he still doesn't understand. He never will lol. The husbands wait patiently for us to get them a yes or no and we wait for the sticks to tell us yes or no. Just goes to show that men have it much easier than us women lol. They are much simpler too! We need to have an answer for every symptom, feeling or, sign we get. This drives me nuts every month! I'm 5dpo and already have convinced myself I'm prego. I have an entire list of symptoms already. And isn't it the absolute worst when you ask a question then get an answer you already knew? Just somewhere in the back of your mind your hoping someone would say, yep I had the same and got my bfp or, I had symptoms at 3dpo too and I was prego. This happens to me all the time and even though I know what their telling me is true (its too early or you have to at least wait till you think you have had implantation already) I still get annoyed. I'm trying to be patient and I keep telling myself no testing till 10dpo. Whether I'll wait or not I don't know, probably not. But to you and if you get new symptoms let me know. I'll try to keep my responses as unannoying as possible. Keep in touch and to you and all other women ttc!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo