Community post

Discussion

implantation bleeding???

The past few days I have been bleeding but very little on the pad and only when I wipe. My period isn't due til the 30th and I'm about 19 dpo. My tummy is achy . I'm keeping a close on eye on it hoping its not AF. I have cramps as well but nothing like I usually do when I'm on my period. Fingers crossed!! Any of you ladies experience this before a BFP?

8 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

That bleeding won't be from implantation. that happens around 6-12 dpo (usually 9) so this is way too late. Spotting around the time of AF does happen for some people, but it is not a good sign. It indicates a drop in progesterone, which you want to be high to sustain a pregnancy.

Do you really have a 23 day luteal phase??? I have friends with entire cycles that are that length!!!

10 years ago

Sorry everyone that is suppose to say 10 dpo not 19.

10 years ago • Post starter

Ahh that number makes more sense :)

I usually get some mild cramps around 10 dpo then they go away and come back when AF arrives. I had exactly the same thing when I did get pregnant, so I think it is just related to progesterone rather than specifically pregnancy.

10 years ago

Turns out it was AF starting. She came full on today.

It wasn't much of a period, it went back to spotting but wasn't really much of a flow. It looks like its slowly stopping will know more later.

That sounds odd... I wonder what is going on?

10 years ago

Amber,

What did you end up concluding? I am going through the same thing. I O'ed early, on CD 12, and started bleeding out of nowhere on CD 24 (12 DPO). Super light flow for two days, then two days of light (then very light) spotting and nothing today. Now my breasts are killing me. For my own peace of mind, I'm thinking of the bleeding as AF (though 23 days is the shortest cycle I have ever had), but just curious what happened with you.

10 years ago

It ended up being an early very light period. Baby dust to you.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo