Community post

Discussion

?? Pink Dye VS Blue Dye ??

Hello Ladies,

This is the big question that I see all over trying to conceive and pregnancy forums, but which one is actually the best?

Well here is my experience with both:

I was three days late for my expected period. I never tracked ovulation or used at conceiving methods, so was not sure when to expect that big fat positive.

Due to being late, but having no symptoms I brought a double pack Clearblue test. Which I was hesitant on doing, knowing that everyone tries to steer clear of blue dye tests. However with no first response in Tesco these were the only option.

I took the test in the evening and within a minute I got a very faint, thin line (see my pictures). Everyone convinced me it was a famous evaporation line, even though it was blue.

I went and got a first response the following day - a double pack - and got a negative. I collected a second sample which was also negative. Feeling dis heartened, I got the last Clearblue to double check my last urine. Eureka! Another Line - surely not another evaporation line.

I waited two days and ran out for a digital. It came up positive straight away and then 1-2 weeks.

Pregnant! I could not believe it...

It just shows that the blue dye tests are not all that bad, and in fact can be correct before a first response.

Every woman is different, but next time you get a thin BFP or very fain line on a blue dye, do not give up hope. I was heart broken due to their reputation...

Good Luck ladies... Let me know your preference in the space below <3 xxx

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

1 Reply • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I completely agree. I got many evaps with wondos that use pink dye and got my first bfp on a blue dye generic drug store test. :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo