Community post

Discussion

adrenal health /chronic stress

Hello all! I'm relatively new to the site but have actively been (silently) educating myself through these and other fertility boards for a year or so. I've had health issues since I started my period at 10 years old and knew that once I started TTC it would be quite the endeavor. All this bring said, I've done much research (and have been aware of my reproductive issues since before I got married and started trying) and have been enlightened by the idea that there's a theme in my life of not handling stress well. I recently found this post ( http://natural-fertility-info.com/is-my-adrenal-health-affecting-my-fertility.html ) that made me feel reaffirmed that I have adrenal issues and not some sort of immune disorder as previous doctors have always suspected but never been able to diagnose... For a solid 6 months my doctors were convinced I had lupus until enough testing left too much room for doubt, so they chalk it up to a potential thyroid issue (??? All tests come back normal) I felt compelled to share it and get some feedback on people dealing with the effects of this as well! It would be super appreciated to just feel understood by others for once. I'm so sick of being told it's something way more complicated than it is! I strongly believe that past trauma and a lack of family stability has lead to a lack of proper adrenal function that my body has never really learned to adjust. Thoughts??

Apologies for the novel :)

User Image

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Stress for both of the couple can delay BFPs, but given that there are no other problems,I dont think that it is the main problem.

Good luck.

9 years ago

I did graduate work on chronic stress and the HPA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal) Axis (degree in Physiology and Integrative Medicine), and have worked as a consultant with many individuals who have symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Doctors don't seem to acknowledge this common issue in our crazy modern world...but it really can affect your fertility! Even if a link "hasn't been clearly demonstrated"; at the very least, this stress is truly no fun.

What I take, and what I recommend to people, is Ashwagandha. It is an herbal supplement used in Ayurvedic Medicine and available online or in health stores (I don't have any financial stake in mentioning this, so have no particular brand to recommend. All I know is it HELPS). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withania_somnifera

AF due Oct. 22nd... If it's another , I'm going to start using OPKs for month#6. I wanted to avoid turning TTC into a science project, but I do really like peeing on sticks

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo