Community post

Discussion

Spotting at 9 dpo

View Full Post

So is it early aunt flow or implantation bleeding!!?!? Anyone else having a bit of spotting?
I'm excited?!?! But scared to get excited over nothing.....

~Momma Me~

127 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

31 - 40 of 127 Replies | Last Page

Hi girls!

I am in New Zealand, hence the day difference. It has just turned spring and we had a beautiful weekend - so hot and sunny. But today is cold and rainy. Some places in our country just got huge dumpings of snow and people are stranded up at ski fields unable to leave!

I am so frustrated today. I still have not ovulated. My temp dropped back down, I still have not had a positive OPK, I had severe ovulation pain yesterday all day and the day before. Both sides too which is VERY unusual for me and I have sore breasts and a headache the past couple of days. It is not making for a stress free time, and I have been trying to reduce my stress levels. It is making BDing harder. Going to have to take tonight off as we have been very busy the past few days thinking I was going to ovulate any minute! I have a progesterone test on Monday to confirm ovulation. I don't know if that's a good idea now as I don't even know when this will happen. Why all the pain if I am not ovulating??? Or are the tests wrong? Is my temperature tricking me? If I can't trust my tracking tools I will have a big problem!! I don't know if this is just all due to the clomid, but it was nothing like this last cycle on the same dose of clomid!

10 years ago

Wow ladies! Sounds like it HAS been a rough month all around!
I was thinking maybe AF... but it went away quickly. So who knows... still gaining weight (I've been the same weight for decades, I do not ever fluctuate) so the 2 lbs in 2 days is very odd. I have been super moody (poor hubby) but I started spotting so early last month everything is really unpredictable.
We've been trying for 3 months, but I've only had 2 cycles. But I've ovulated during the most stressful time at work. so I'm guessing I wont conceive if I'm mega stressed out. I have endometriosis, which may make it harder to conceive :( I am still pretty new to all this stuff, so as I try to learn it all, It starts to make a lot more sense and I realize this is not an easy task! Like both of you... I;m sure it feel like every day you find out someone is pregnant.. and they weren't trying!! Ugh!! to be so lucky :)

Bayouwife - that really does have to be frustrating!! Especially because you have a child already... I wish getting pregnant were easier for women who are trying/wanting. I always feel like we BD on the wrong days also. I dont know if the OPK really helps, cause I dont know what the smilie face means. did I already hit my peak, is it still coming. I would rather have one like a PG line test where it goes from light to dark. It would be so much easier to read.
Texas!! My Hubby is from Texas... and spent a few years in Louisiana - while his dad was in oil. We go back to Texas at Christmas usually so I have yet to experience the hot summers. He's an Aggie! So we are supporters of Texas A&M. Although Johnny has been making the school look bad! :)

Shelob - How often do you do blood work? Does the blood work tell you that for sure you ovulated? Are you tempting also? or just OPK? I am only using the OPK. but considering starting temping. I have heard some women have super short "surges" so maybe you did ovulate but it was only 12 hours instead of 24? I don't know. I would say that the devices are incorrect. I dont know if they are really all that trust worthy. I think they work a majority of the time, but not every time. I wouldn't stress though! It will happen, and as long as you stay positive that's all that matters - right? :) Besides... you have us ladies to vent it all out with. How long have you been trying? Maybe the Clomid is still adjusting to your system? Hang in there!!! We are here for you..
I have a ton of co-workers in New Zealand. I hear it is lovely there. I have yet to go there though. Thought maybe work would send me there, but its been 7 years, and hasn't happened yet :( Our New Zealand office is in Auckland.
Good luck ladies... Positive thoughts... and no stress!! Have a good day... :)

~Momma Me~

10 years ago • Post starter

I do BBT charting as well as OPKs because I like to know for sure when I have ovulated. It still doesn't look like I have ovulated yet (although slight temperature rise, so we shall see which the next couple of days bring). I have used OPKs the past three cycles, and got a positive each time. The smiley shows you that you have had a luteal hormone surge. This is the hormone that tells your body to release the most mature egg. This means that when you see that smiley you need to BD as it is you most fertile time. The day of ovulation is not your most fertile, the two days before that are. The opks with lines are not easier to read, in fact they are harder. You are looking for a surge, so the line has to be darker than the control for it to be positive. The smiley one takes out the guesswork, a smile is positive, and that's the time to go for it!!

I wouldn't worry about either the stress of the endometriosis this early in your TTC journey. I have a friend who got pregnant while shifting house, shifting cities even, with a 2 year old. I have another friend with endometriosis who got pregnant on her first month trying!!! Until you have been trying for longer I wouldn't worry. I have been trying for 20 months now. Feels like a lifetime!

For this cycle we only have two blood tests. Our last one was fully monitored so four blood tests and a scan. This time there was one for estradiol (which peaks before lutenising hormone) and then will have one for progesterone (one week after suspected ovulation to confirm it).

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "Aggie" and "A&M". Sounds like a different language :) I have visited Dallas for a week a few years ago. It was for work so didn't get to see much, but I enjoyed it there!

That's so cool you know about New Zealand! It is amazing how many people don't know it exists :) I live in Auckland too, along with a quarter of the population of our country! I love it here! What is your job?

10 years ago

Shelob, so sorry about the confusing cycle. Last cycle I had terrible ovulation cramping and positive opk but blood work said I did not ovulate. Confusing!

A&M is an University and the Aggies is their mascot. We are huge American Football fans both Pro and College. My husband attended Louisiana State University (LSU) so we watch the Tigers play and I grew up in New Orleans, LA so I am a huge Saints fan. On the subject of Johnny football, he needs to keep his head in the game and get off his "high horse."

I personally like the opks with lines because I can watch my surge get stronger, darker lines each day, to help me time bd. Mommame, I suggest doing your temp too, because it gives you another tool to confirm ovulation and conception. I started temping again this month.

Visiting New Zealand and Australia is on my bucket list. Mommame, what part of Cali? My favorite city ever is San Diego. I lived in Cupertino (aka Silicone Valley) for a college internship and loved exploring Northern Cali as well.

We are going on a road trip today through Monday, to have a party with our family, for our daughter's 3rd birthday. Hopefully it will keep my mind off of testing. Positive thoughts!

10 years ago

Shel - the state of Texas has two main Universities. University of Texas (which is north) and Texas A&M (south) they are big rivals. Everyone in Texas is either for one or the other. College football is a pretty big deal out there. We currently have a quarterback that is a hot head, and thinks he's Jesus... so he's not liked all that much, but he is really good, and for the first time ever the college is winning :) its big for the school. lol. I work for a Auckland based Telecommunications company. So I work with quite a few Kiwi's and they are always saying funny words like wooly jumper (sweater), boot of the car (trunk), and a bunch of others... lol. When my co-workers come out here, they are always amazed at our stores and shopping.. how big our portions are and how filled our stores are. lol. Luckily I'm moving into a position where I can work from home, so when we finally do have a baby I am hoping I can still work and be with baby.

Since I'm trying the Shettles method for a girl, we are supposed to BD a few days before Ovulation... so id I get a smiliey on Monday should I stop? or get one last BD in? If we weren't planning on trying for a girl first I probably would be so confused. I have a totally cheesy reason for wanting a girl first...lol... ready... if we have a boy first.. then a girl.. I'm worried that the girl will like her brothers friends, and then sleepovers would be worrisome.. lol. So I wanted to try for a girl first, cause a girl wouldnt like her younger brothers friends... my mentality is funny.. I know.. but for some reason... its a fear.. lol. Obviously we'll be happy for what ever combo we have... my daughter may have to sleep in our room if son has sleepovers... lol. My doctor has told me my endometriosis shouldn't be a problem (yay) or my fibroid since its shrinking. But they are just factors to consider in our case.

Bayouwife - I decided if we aren't pregnant this month... then I will start temping. We finally hung curtains, so I can sleep better, this might work now. I am such a light sleeper.

I live in southern California.. near Laguna Beach.. where the TV show was taped. I was actually born in San Diego, but it has been about 25 years since I left there. San Diego is about 1.5 hours south of me.
Have a great time on your road trip!! How fun!! Vacation time! :) At least you will be able to get out of the heat for a bit! :)

btw... I'm 32.. been married 2.5 years. We've been together a total of 7 years. I'm planning on taking my next PG test monday 9th ish... AF is due Thursday the 12th.

~Momma Me~

Ha ha sorry but I am SO not a sports fan! And my husband is even less of one! We had the rugby world cup here in New Zealand a couple of years ago, which was a HUGE deal as that is our national sport (that and sailing, any of you keeping up with the America's Cup?) My husband didn't even want to watch the finals of the rugby (which we won :)) but I enjoyed that, because it was important for the country. There is a depression here every time we lose, fortunately that doesn't happen too often!

Anyway, now your confusion about the OPKs makes a bit more sense. Really, it depends on how soon you ovulate after your first positive and everyone can be different. In my experience the lines never get darker, they are either faint or really dark, never in between. Now, as the very best days for getting pregnant are the two days prior to ovulation, you will find it far more difficult to get pregnant if you are always deliberately missing those days. You can get a boy or a girl on any day. That method just skews it slightly. I kind of understand your reasons for wanting a girl first. I would like a girl first, though after 20 months TTC and just one miscarriage to show for it I will just be overjoyed if I can get pregnant at all. I hope you have better success! And I agree temping is great :) I have been doing it since out second cycle TTC and have a really good idea of when I ovulate - which is very irregular unfortunately!!!

I am 31 and have been married 2 1/2 years too :) Not going to take a pregnancy test as I prefer to avoid that disappointment as long as possible. I find getting AF easier to deal with emotionally than a BFN.

Bayouwife i think that would be even more ffrustrating getting a positive OPK then finding out you didn't ovulate!! I am very interested to see my result for my progesterone test on Monday...

10 years ago

Hi Ladies... SO disappointed :(
I really was thinking it was our month... just got massive back pain.. can only mean one thing - AF is coming. Ugh... I hate this back pain.
A little sad now.

~Momma Me~

M- so sorry!

I get my progesterone tested on Saturday. I should know the results my Tuesday.

10 years ago

B- fingers crossed for you!!!

~Momma Me~

Mommame so sorry to hear that. I hate the moment when you realise that the cycle is a bust and you are just waiting for AF :(

Bayouwife I have my progesterone test on Monday and will get the results either that afternoon (if I can ring them in time) or the next day.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo