Community post

Discussion

Pain after Ovulation

I've never experienced ovulation pain before. I've been TTC for 15 months now. This cycle I'm on Femara, Bravelle and Menopour. I took the trigger shot on Friday morning after the doc saw 2 mature follicles (one on each side that were much larger than they have been in previous cycles) on Thursday. Hubby and I hit the bedroom on Saturday and Sunday night. On Sunday afternoon, I started having some lower abdomen pain. It's not like anything I've felt before- almost felt like gas pains b/c I was bloated and the pain was so sharp at times. No gas meds helped and I was doubled over in pain at times. Now, on Monday morning the pain is a little lower (around pubic bone) but still as intense. It hurts when I move or try to go to the bathroom. I'm hoping it's just because I have 2 mature eggs this month and that they're bigger than they have been in previous months but of course there's that fear that something may be wrong. Any thoughts on this? Anyone else experience something similar?

Thanks for your feedback, ladies!
-BH

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

i could have told you the exact hour i ovulated saturday. it hurt like crazy. we were in the process of moving and i was pretty much worthless for a few hours. i've never noticed the ovulation pain before but after 7 months of TTC, i have become pretty intuned to my body. I had the bloated, crampy feeling some Friday night. my opk test showed positive saturday morning then painful most of the day then Saturday night, i felt okay and my nightly OPK was negative. sounds like with all you have going on, yours was just very intense.

12 years ago

Thanks! That helps a lot. I feel better today- only mild cramps.

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo