Community post

Discussion

June/July IVF buddies?

View Full Post

Anyone starting IVF soon or starting IVF again? This is my first cycle trying it and am looking for others to chat with during the process whether you are a first timer like me or you could practically get an honorary doctorate in reproductive endocrinology because you know so much :-)

197 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

31 - 40 of 197 Replies | Last Page

Retrieval went well. We got 13 mature eggs! Now we wait for that phone call tomorrow. I was completely knocked out for the procedure and woke up in my comfy recliner in recovery all hot packed up and everything with no idea how I got there. Really sore and crampy. It's not too bad until I try to stand up. I definitely took the percocet they gave me. Now I have the munchies...so this is how stoners feel! Haha Of course dh is supposed to be helping me out and getting things for me but he is sleeping on the job and complaining of a headache from getting up too early! Freaking bum! Jerking off in a cup must have been so much tougher than getting needles shoved through your vajajay! Men are such wusses. Just needed to rant a little :-)

10 years ago • Post starter

This post made me laugh so much. After my egg retrieval my husband fell asleep too and I was up taking care of our 2 year old daughter for a couple hours. He also told me one time that it was a good thing that I had to go through all this and not him because if it were him he would never do any of the stuff I had to go through. When it comes down to it, I think most women really are tougher than men.
That's so awesome that you got 13 mature eggs. I really hope they all fertilize. So do your doctors want you to do a day 3 or day 5 transfer? So I know you said you have to take a progesterone shot. so how did your husband do with that? I hope you feel better in a couple days and you get an awesome report tomorrow.

10 years ago

I wish I could laugh...oww! Not as bad as coughing though already made that mistake! I was up cleaning the kitchen and taking care of the puppy while he was sleeping. Dh did manage to give me the hcg shot. He was stalling behind me though. I think it took him a couple practice swings and some mental prep time. Tomorrow he has to do the im progesterone for me which is pretty similar so hopefully he is getting used to it. If he had to go through all the self injections, side effects and blood draws he would probably be a wimpering ball of chicken shit in a corner somewhere. Lol.

I would like a 3dt because I have an important orientation on day 5 to go to that I can't really get out of and it runs from 8-1. I suppose I could do it late in the day if they really think a 5dt would be best. Obviously I am a sore anxious mess waiting for our call tomorrow because I am up at 2am typing this :-)

well I hope you were able to go back to sleep last night. How are you feeling today? Did you get your call?

10 years ago

Feeling much better today. Still cramping sometimes but overall good. How are you feeling after your transfer? We got the call today that out of the 13 eggs they originally thought were mature only 11 really were and 8 fertilized. We are doing a 3dt on Monday :-).

Hey that's fantastic, you must be excited to do the transfer in just a couple days. Have you thought about how many you would like to transfer? We let our doctor take the lead on that, I really have a great deal of confidence in him, and decided that he would make the best decision for us. He transferred 1 because we have a daughter at home who is 2 and because I am still young(30...young in the infertility anyways).

I think on day 3 transfers most of the time I have seen doctors transfer at least 2. Well I am very excited for you, and the transfer is so much easier than the retrieval.

10 years ago

I would really like to transfer 2. Since we are in the refund program we paid 15,000 up front for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles. If it works on the first try we don't get any refund. So instead of paying 8,000 for one we will have paid 15,000. If it works on the second try we will be pretty much even with what we would have paid anyways. The third try and any frozen cycles would basically be free. So since we already shelled out that money twins would be fantastic the first try so we don't have to go through it again...and pay another 15,000!

Well I hope you are feeling much better today and good luck tomorrow with your transfer!!

10 years ago

How did your transfer go today? How are you feeling?

10 years ago

Transfer went well. We transferred 2 top grade, 8 cell embryos. Now the waiting...the hardest part. I wish I could stick a camera in my uterus so I could know what is going on in there!

On another note...worst side effect of the surgery showed up today. Major gas trapped in my shoulder/neck area that is causing a ton a pain. Tear-inducing pain. And I can't even take anything for it since we did the transfer already. I have been using ice packs, heat packs, aspercreme, vapor rub, drinking peppermint tea and dh massaged it for me. Ugh! Hope the gas breaks up over night.

How are you feeling? Obsessing over any possible symptoms yet?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo