Community post

Discussion

Symptom confusion

Today (02/06/2013) is day 36 of my cycle, this is also the day I'm due to start my period - but so far nothing.

For the past week I've been experiencing symptoms that are normal for me prior to my period - tender, heavy breasts. But mid afternoon yesterday this stopped and today I feel fine - like I do after my period is finished. This has never happened to me before.

After having been TTC #1 since December 2011, I'm too scared to do a test just yet as I don't know how I would cope with yet another negative test.

My question is: has anyone else had something like this happen to them? Should I be concerned? Basically, what should I do??

I'm too scared to even talk to my partner about this, as I feel like a failure disappointing him with every negative test result we get.

**** I have been tested for Polycystic ovaries, so please don't suggest that I need to be checked for that - I've been cleared of that ****

User Image

9 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

I feel the same way as you with every negative. My breast also hurt before my period. I have had them hurt and not stop till day day 2 or 3 of my period. I have also had them hurt then stop before my period or the day of. I would think if they stopped hurt that your hormone level have gone back down and you will be getting your period. At least thats what happens to me. But on the other hand you never know, everyone is different!! Good luck!!

User Image

11 years ago

My breasts normally hurt right through to a day or two after my period.

This whole year our mind-set went from actively trying - to not trying put not preventing.

The funny thing is now we want to hold off getting pregnant as we're just getting everything in place to book and pay for our wedding for may next year, if we find out we're pregnant wedding is put off - again.

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Hopefully both will happen for you! How long have you been ttc??? This is my 8th cycle. I think when you are not stressing about it, it happens. I have heard other woman say that there breast stopped hurting and they ended up pregnant but that has not been the case for me. Maybe its true for you. Are you going to take a pregnancy test?

User Image

11 years ago

SO I am 8-9 dpo and this is our first cycle TTC. This would be baby #3 for me. I have noticed that my AF symptoms showed up a whole week early than normal but no AF. I wonder if we notice these changes more because we are watching for them? PMS like pregnancy changes from month to month.

11 years ago

Sarashepard- I know I did. This is also my 3rd and my 8th cycle of trying. I noticed things early or new things. I also had an iud for 8 years and hardly ever got af. When I got it it out, af came back in full force so I was confused. I am 30 now. I started taking vitamin b6, E and primrose oil and that really helped. I feel better this month. I never had symptoms with my other two so maybe feeling good is a good thing! good luck to you!

User Image

10 years ago

We started ttc December 2011, but af wasn't regular until may/june 2012 - I had been on depo for 4years prior to starting ttc, so we knew it would take time.

This is cycle #11, and as I said - we're not trying but not preventing now - and we would also rather not be pregnant at this point in time, but if we are we'll be thrilled.

After much discussion with my fiancé we have said, if nothing happens by 12/06/2013 I'll take a test - working on the assumption that normally af comes 1-2 either side of due date we're allowing up to a week late before testing.

My fiancé has also given me permission to call him at work, or wake him up, either when af arrives or once I've got the test results.

And as of 12.26am 04/06/2013, I feel like normal, no symptoms of PMS or early pregnancy.

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

PS: I wasn't symptom tracking this month - I was getting too obsessed about it. And I don't track ovulation (mainly because when I try I've always been wrong so I gave up lol) - so I have no idea when I ovulated this month.

User Image

I found when I used the ovulation kit I was a few days off my ovulation day. I hope everything falls into place for you. I hope your wedding turns out as perfect as you plan! Keep me posted if you get pregnant or not. I took a preg test yesterday, it was negative. Think it was to early anyways. After this month, I am not going to keep trying as much. I am going to do like you are. Not trying or preventing. To much stress on me. Starting to feel to much like work. Anyways, Hope you have a wonderful day!

User Image

10 years ago

Af arrived late this afternoon.

So unless I'm more like one of my cousins who kept getting her period until she was 20weeks along, that I realise - its happily a bfn this time round.

But not to worry, means my fiancé and I can go ahead with our wedding plans

Now to make sure we don't have an between now and then lol

Believe me not trying not preventing is a lot less stressful. It provides the opportunity to take a step back and appreciate all the little things in life that you tend to take for granted. My fiancé and I even tried to squeeze in a date night every once in a while (very hard to do with him working away or on night shift when his home).

Our mantra has always been it'll happen when it's meant to happen.

Sending you lots of , all the best on your journey ttc xo

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo