Community post

Discussion

Anybody Else Have Luteal Phase Defect?

Hello!

I am on my 5th cycle after birth control and my 5th cycle TTC. I just started BBT charting last month after some weird results from OPKs the previous month (5 days of positives a week before AF came). Last month AF came only 8 days after ovulation (and I'm on B6 which is supposed to help regulate hormones). I know there are treatments for Luteal Phase Defect (B6, progesterone, clomid), but wanted to know if there were any other ladies out there in a similar situation...

What are you doing to correct this? Is it too early to do anything since I'm only 5 months post birth control pill? I have my "yearly" exam in about 2 weeks and was going to mention this to my gyno but just am not sure if it would be a good idea to go on any meds this soon after BC......what do you think?

5 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hello Toria

Any updates on how you got on at the docs?

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Currently in my 7th month TTC....on CD 33 and haven't even ovulated yet which is abnormal even for me. My doctor prescribed clomid which I will be taking next cycle if it ever comes. Never thought I'd be praying for AF! How is your TTC journey going?

13 years ago • Post starter

Keep us updated and good luck to you!!

BabyFruit Ticker

13 years ago

Hello Toria

AF started today and I am in agony - we will start our 8th month of trying when AF is over.

My cycles have become a little irregular so I have made an appointment with my doc to discuss it.

I am sure the clomid will help you .

Good luck

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

hi i went off of bc last november and had a short luteal phase,i started taking a prenatal and a B complex and have managed to lengthen my luteal phase from 11 days to 15, don't just take b6 take a b complex 100 it should help..

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo