Community post

Discussion

Faint line or evap line?

I took a pregnancy test yesterday and saw nothing. Today I took a test with a 2hour hold, I thought I saw a very very faint line within 2 minutes but I had to turn it in the light a certain way to see. I set it aside to show my husband when he got home. Now 3 hours later I went back to look at it and there is a line there. It looks super faint pink, or white/ but darker than the surrounding white. My question is can an evaporation line show up within 2 minutes and get slightly darker or is it just a super faint positive. I'm only 7 dpo just couldnt wait to take it

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I had this same question three days ago except mine didn't turn so I threw it away. Later just because I'm crazy I dug it out of the trash and there was the smallest faintest line imaginable so light my hubby laughed at me for even considering it a line (he is a little skeptical since we have been trying almost 4 years) anyway I took another one except I watched it this time it didn't turn till 20 or so mins so I figured just bad test evap lines. I went out on a limb and took another early the next morning this one turned at about 8 mins followed by two more tests yesterday each one turning faster and faster until this morning I bought the fancy pants test that was positive in less than 30 seconds !!!!!! I guess 6 tests can't be wrong. Good luck girl just keep testing sounds good

11 years ago

Hey, me too, me too! I've just started a thread or whatever it's called topic, etc.. Anyway I have now done two tests with the same results but 4 days apart. Thread thin blue line to mark the + how did you get on? Anymore results? I spoke with a midwife (in the uk) she said " what on earth is a evap line." To my explanation she replied with "on our tests in a clinical environment if a line appears, it appears and congrats you're pregnant" she went on to say for me to re test the day I'm due with one of these digital jobbies, if I don't trust the blue due tests. I would like to add this is the first time I have ever had a positive/evap line (or whatever it is) since I've been using these dye tests. Ummmm confused! Good luck

11 years ago

They were positive but ended in a chemical pregnancy :( guess I'll just have to try again next cycle. Thanks for the support and the stories

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo