Community post

Discussion

BFN at 11DPO - Is there still a chance?

Hi everyone

I am 11DPO today and I had a BFN this morning. Pretty shattered to be honest, I really thought this month that I may have been pregnant. I've been utterly exhausted, getting sharp pains in my ovary region and back ache and mild cramping, all the same as early in my first pregnancy (ended in miscarriage).

With the test this morning, I got up to pee at about 4am and didn't test (it was 4am!) and then did the test about about 6.30am and it was BFN. My question is whether anyone thinks I could have just tested too early or whether it could be because it was the second pee of the morning? I know I might be clutching at straws it's just strange with the symptoms I've been having.

Thanks all, comments appreciated, even if it is just to bring me back to reality.

Good luck to everyone else about ready to test at the moment! :)

11 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Hi!

I think 11 DPO could me a little early to test, maybe wait until AF is late and test again?

Also, they recommend FMU because thats normally the longest you have held your pee for as it needs to be at least 4 hrs since you last pee'd. I think its to do with how concentrated the HCG would be i.e. the longer you hold it the stronger it will be!

so maybe wait a few days and test with FMU?

Good luck :) x

11 years ago

I didn't see a faint line until 12 dpo...then it got stronger daily.

1st baby due 10/2013!!

11 years ago

Im now 2 days late on my AD. I ovulated on the 15th I believe. My test was negative this morning at 9:16 so Idk. Too early also?

11 years ago

I really don't know, my body has confused me and everything I thought was right in the last few cycles. I know if you haven't got your period yet then you're still in with a chance, especially if you're usually extremely regular but I was 3 days late last month and unfortunately AF turned up.

I really hope for you that you are and it's just too early for your hormones to register. I'm currently in the 2WW myself at the moment and I'm just not feeling like this month is going to be my month.

Good luck to you and I hope that the dreaded AF stays away and you get your positive!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Today is day 4 that im late. I took a test Saturday and Sunday mornings but both were BFN.

11 years ago

I really hope this is your month then and AF stays away. Maybe your body is just low on hormones so it's not showing up on the test yet, I hope this is the case for you!! Let me know how you go, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I hope it works for you!!! It is my 13DPO, tests are negative but still hoping. I am not due until April 10. Today I have upset stomach and generally cramps here and there. Had some white discharge today and when I tried to check cilvix it was so tight inside (sorry for details). Not sure what is going on....

Also I chart my BBT and for the last 3 days it goes up and down....

GOOD LUCK TO US :D!!!!!

11 years ago

I started yesterday and was devastated...

11 years ago

briony906 What are the news??? :) My AF stated today but we are not giving up!!! We still have the whole life ahead :)...

11 years ago

Hi azimya, yes I've got wonderful news that this month i've had a little bean stick! I made sure this month that we were at it like rabbits (sorry if thats tmi) and it seemed to worked, although it did leave my partner feeling like he was just an baby making object!! haha! :)
I must admit though, I just can't get that excited about it. We had a miscarriage last Oct and now with this one I am just constantly scared that it's going to happen again. I'm 4 weeks and 4 days today (so still very early days) and I have my first scan at 7 weeks so it's going to be a very nervous wait until then. I'm trying to get excited that at least I'm pregnant again but scared because it was so hard when we lost the last one.
I'm really sorry to hear that this month hasn't been your month but that is a great attitude to have. Sometimes perfection just takes time and your little bean is obviously going to be perfect!! I hope you get your BFP next cycle, please make sure to keep us updated!
and to you!!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo