Community post

Discussion

Pregnant again after MC in Oct

Hi ladies
I have just found out that I am pregnant again with what will hopefully be our first child. I say hopefully because I had a MC at 10 wks in October last year and I'm just so anxious about this one sticking.
My biggest question is whether anyone has or is going through a similar situation and if so, how do you deal with the nerves and anxiety? I am only 4.5 wks along and I have an US at 7 weeks but how are you meant to get through the next 2.5 weeks and then the 5 more after that until the end of your first trimester?
I am just constantly on edge, waiting for the worst to happen and I know that I should just relax but it's easier said than done. Any advice from those that have been there or are going through this at the moment would be great as I am already going a bit nuts.
I'm so excited to be pregnant again but also so scared of what might happen.
Thanks, have a great day everyone!

6 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

hi,i had my first miscarriage before i had my lovely son,i had tried 15 months to get pregnant and then when i finaly did i miscarried at 12 weeks,i was totally devestated but fell pregnant again after 3 months,i had pain for weeks but i was sent for a scan at 7 weeks,all was well but i did worry all through my pregnancy but with support every week got better,don't beat yourself up if you are constantly thinking if everything is ok but also try to enjoy the fact that you have a wonderful thing happening to you and savour every second it will be 9 months before you know it,good luck and very best wishes to you,you will get through it and have a lovely bundle at the end :),i also went on to have 2 more wonderful children with no complications.

11 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply! It's so nice to hear about those that have been in similar situations and have gone on to have healthy babies. It's just such a nervous wait, especially as you can find out so early these days, i'm only 4.5 weeks so I've still got another 2.5 weeks until my first scan. I know I should be trying to enjoy it but I'm so nervous that something is going to go wrong that I can't even really get that excited. I think I'll feel a lot better when I get through the first trimester, but geez this is going to be a LONG 8 weeks.

Thanks for your kind words and support, much appreciated! And good luck to you with your next bundle of joy! :)

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi! I had a missed miscarriage last October as well when trying for our 2nd baby (we have a daughter turning 2 next Friday). We had tried for 4 months to get pregnant and when we did it was so exciting. At our 10 week appt, we were told I was going to miscarry but didnt until I was 13 weeks. We were devastated as I'm sure you were too. It took a long time to heal enough physically and emotionally to not feel like a zombie just going through the motions of day to day life. We tried 4 more months, and now I'm happy to say that I'm 10 weeks today! I'm scared every minute that something will go wrong and every weird feeling/cramp makes me paranoid. I had two blood draws done at 5 weeks and everything looked good. My first appt isnt until next Tuesday (10.5 weeks). I'm going crazy! Just hang in there and try to enjoy every second! Embrace the morning sickness with happiness because it means things are good and developing!!! Will keep you on my prayers.

10 years ago

Thanks sunny419. Yeah I went for the 7 week dating scan last time and we saw a heart beat and everything and then I started to have bleeding at 10 weeks and went for a scan and the heart had stopped beating, it was just devastating! I ended up having to have a D&C because it wasn't leaving my system which again, was a really hard experience. It took a good couple of months for me to be able to function properly without wanting to cry every time I saw a baby or heard someone talking about theirs but things are better now, still really hard though.
I am excited this time, I just have such mixed emotions about it, happy I'm pregnant again and excited that this could be our baby but at the same time terribly nervous that I'm going to miscarry again and then also confused about how to feel about the baby we lost and being pregnant again. It might be silly but I don't want to just forget about that little angel but it makes me sad and also scared thinking about it.
I'm just going to try and stay positive, I guess at the end of the day whatever will be will be and I can't change it but I'm like you, every little pain I get worried. I feel so sorry for you that you have had to wait that long for your scan, I'm so glad my doctor has got me in for one at 7 weeks.
I wish I had morning sickness (yes strange I know) because at least as you said it would mean that I knew everything was going well but at only 4w4d I haven't really had any as yet, just a bit of cramping and really sore boobs and fatigue.
Thanks for taking the time to reply though girls, I really appreciate hearing your stories.
Good luck for your scan sunny419, let me know how it goes, i'll be keeping my fingers crossed everything goes well for you!!

10 years ago • Post starter

I was scheduled for a d&c but started bleeding the night before. Didnt pass everything on my own so spent 11 hours in ER and the doc had to manually remove the rest. Not fun! It took about a month to recover because I became anemic from losing so much blood. Wouldn't wish that on anyone!! I'm glad you get to have your scan so early. My morning sickness started at 5 weeks with this one and with my daughter. Do you have any other symptoms yet? Fatigue has been hitting me hard since about 4 weeks. Can't get enough sleep! Will keep you posted on how my scan goes and hope yours goes well too!

10 years ago

Sorry I just re read your post and you did list some other symptoms! Sounds like we've had a pretty similar experience. It's been so hard but again I'm so happy I'm pregnant again. My due date for the twins I lost was supposed to be tomorrow. I would be a wreck if I weren't pregnant right now.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo