Community post

Discussion

TTC #1 with a very long septate uterus

User Image

Hi. I am brand new to this website. I thought I would introduce myself a little. I am almost 41 years old. I am ttc #1. I started actively trying at 35 yrs old when I met my now partner of 5 years. Up until then, I hadn't been ready to be a mama. After not having any success for a few years of trying to get Pregnant, I started seeing doctors. I had numerous tests done and that's when with a mri they found out that I have a septate that divides my uterus and almost my entire cervix. I have a single opening at the OS. I was told surgery would not be an option. I read up on all I could about a septate uterus and cried. Knowing my odds, risks and concerns really had me discouraged. I do believe in miracles though. I have read too many success stories that prove otherwise. So here I am hoping for a miracle baby.

User Image[/url][/url]

21 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 21 Replies | Last Page

Hello! I'm 26 y/o and TTC #1. I have a bicornuate uterus. They discovered it via MRI when I was 16. My Husband and I have been TTC since October 2012. He is 28. We've been married for almost 9 years and together for 11. I used the pill for 13 years to regulate my cycle.

TTC #1 since Oct 2012 Me - 27, DH - 29 I have a bicornuate uterus. PREGNANT!! EDD 9/24/2014 User Image

11 years ago

Hi Myluckyduck,

Thanks for the reply. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this ttc #1 journey. It can be hard having a odd shaped uterus. Other than that everything else seems to be fine. I have read that having a septate uterus is not the cause for infertility but for early miscarriages because of the embryo trying to implant on the septate where there is no blood supply. However the fact that I have yet to conceive after all these years not even once makes me wonder. Where are you at in your cycle?

User Image[/url][/url]

11 years ago • Post starter

My AF is due to arrive between Sunday and Tuesday. My cycles average 36 days, but have been as long as 38 days.

TTC #1 since Oct 2012 Me - 27, DH - 29 I have a bicornuate uterus. PREGNANT!! EDD 9/24/2014 User Image

11 years ago

When do you plan on testing? Sending you lots of

User Image[/url][/url]

Probably Wednesday, just to be sure. Don't wanna waste tests! <3

11 years ago

I have a bicornet uterus. I have a daughter and am pregnant with number two. It took over a year to get pregnant with number two. First one only took a month. My daughter was born 3 Weeks early healthy! my friend has a septum and has 2 girls. There is always hope! they told me I wouldn't be able to carry a baby because both uterus are the size of one normal but they were wrong.

11 years ago

Emma,

Thanks for your encouragement. Your stories give me hope. Congratulations on #2. H&H pregnancy to you.

User Image[/url][/url]

My bicornuate uterus isn't a complete separation. So, that def. gives me hope. AF is a no show today. I'm still holding off on testing until Wednesday. I really like FRER's but don't like to waste them either.

11 years ago

@myluckyduck ~ Yay for no AF yet. So far so good. You have discipline with not early testing. I tested this morning with FMU and got a BFN. I know that it's too early though to test. I use the dollar tree tests b/c they are cheaper. My period is due Fri. So I still have a 5 days to go. I will test on Thurs which is Leap Year. Wouldn't that be something to get a positive on Leap year? I would LOVE it. I didn't know you could have a complete separation with a bicornuate uterus? I thought only septate uteruses have that?

User Image[/url][/url]

There is just different degrees of separation,l I guess. Mine lookis normal from the outside, however, on the inside it looks heart-shaped. (Like if you were to draw a heart <3) Still no period. Thinking of testing tomorrow AM.

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo