Community post

Discussion

Predictor UK

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to let all you girlies TTC about my recent experience testing early! So, last month was my first month ttc#2! I have a DD already who is 8 years old. After many years I gave up hope of trying for #2 as my DH worried he was "too old" and could never love another as much as our DD, however to my delight, he agreed we should ttc#2!! (He is now 48 and I'm 36)
I knew it was a long shot to conceive 1st cycle but by 9dpo I was feeling many symptoms and was sure I was in for a BFP!! As it was early I bought a Predictor UK early pregnancy test and to our delight we seen a faint but clearly there 2nd line on the test and couldn't believe our luck 1st month trying, however from reading online we quickly realised we maybe weren't so lucky after all as there were many reviews that talked of false positives from this brand! I spoke to my GP who advised to test again in a few days but of it was positive now it should stay positive .... However, not wanting to get too excited we bought a few different early tests And tested faithfully every day from then in, each and every other test was BFN and the proof was in the pudding yesterday when AF arrived!! Very disappointed as I had kept hope that this test must have got the positive line from somewhere?? However, sadly I do think these tests are flawed somewhere and it's heartbreaking. So, if planning on testing early please please avoid this brand as Like the other reviews I read I would hate for anyone else to suffer the disappointment we have this month!! On the up side we shall keep trying and hopeful we will get there soon!! Baby dust to all you lovely ladies ttc and hope BFPs make their way to us all :-)

0 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo