Community post

Discussion

3 DPO and New Here!

Hi all!! I am 3 DPO and this is my first time "trying"! I have a beautiful 5 y/o boy, but it seems like forever ago that I was pregnant!! Since it's been so long, I can't remember my early symptoms....especially since I wasn't trying! My AF is pretty much always clockwork but Im having some things go on that I don't feel are normal for me....

I've had mild/dull aching pain in my lower abdomen since ovulation. I always get ovulation pain but this is lasting longer and is pretty much a constant. I am also having some very random/infrequent "spasms" only on the upper left quadrant of my abs, under bottom rib so not my ovary. I know Im totally symptom seeking but was hoping someone else can relate. My first posting so Im hoping to make some cycle buddies!! Good luck to all!!! :)

User Image

10 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

Hi! we are in "the same boat" as they say. lol. 2dpo (yesterday) i had very bad gas pains and was very tired. Today, 3dpo, I feel only what I can describe as a tightness in my lower stomach, had a few twinges earlier. Could just be gas bubbles i guess. We shall see! :) So hoping to get pregnant soon. Had my 1st M/C on dec 6th :(

11 years ago

well i was way off!! turns out i ovulate today. just took another OPK and it had a dark line, as dark as the test, i had taken one 3 days before, and it was lighter and i thought i'd O the next day, but i was way wrong!! Guess I better get busy. lol

11 years ago

Im so sorry to hear about your m/c :-( I haven't used any 's OPK's...I was hoping to tune into what my body was telling me and not have to use those or to use a BBT. Maybe it's a good idea? Do you chart your temps too? Im new to this whole ttc thing and could use some tips!! I had been trying to talk the hubs into it for a while and he finally decided we could when AF left town this month! Your right, you better get busy!! lol How often do you suggest bd'ing during that time? Right now, we just did every other day. Hopefully I figured this CM thing and did it at the right time!!! Good luck!!! Let me know how it goes! :-)

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Thank you :) this is actually the first month I started charting my temp and honestly I'm not really sure what I'm looking at lol. I think I'm more gathering info for next cycle incase I don't get a BFP this cycle. I recommend using the OPK's. I buy the 88 cent ones at Walmart. It's nice to narrow down your window of opportunity to 48 hours rather than taking a chance your fertile week. I used an opk in November and got preg. (That was the m/c) hope we both get Bfp's! Good luck to you cycle buddy!!

11 years ago

Missed answering ur question. I've read different things on the topic. I've read that you should do it every other day of fertile week and I've read that you should do it as much as possible. My approach is every other day until ov day then two days in a row. :)

11 years ago

Thanks for the advice, I may have to check into those OPK's at Walmart. Im going to start making my gameplan for next cycle since Im pretty sure Im symptom seeking and need to keep trying. I pray we both get our BFP's but Im going to get realistic with myself, the dull aching and cramps I've had the last few days have to be gas or something! lol I assume that since your O date was off, yours may be ovulation pain?! I get that every month and can even tell what side I O'd on but this month seems different. My excitement and nerves are getting to me, this TWW is going to be hell!!! lol My DH is concerned he'll have troubles conceiving due to a testicular torsion he had when he was younger. His mom (a R.N) says he shouldn't have any problems, but he's overly worried. So we're keeping it to ourselves that we are trying. He doesn't want the stress of everyone knowing. Im so glad that I found this site, it gives me someone to talk to this way!! lol :-)

User Image

I hope it happens for you this month! You are very nice and seem very deserving! I understand about your DH having concerns. Mine had doubts that he could conceive a child, and there isn't anything wrong w/ him that we know of, he was just nervous, when i got pregnant in Nov. he was so relieved that he could get me pregnant. I think i was off on my O day again yesterday, i'm pretttttty sure it's today. (lol this is getting ridiculous) but this morning i've had pains in my lower abdominal areas, breast tenderness and hot face/flushed face. so i think today is the day LOL. I only have 1 tube/ovary due to a cyst on my right ovary when i was 17 and it needed surgery to remove it and they had to remove the tube and ovary as well. This site is great, i love all the informational tools at your fingertips. I also use www.babycenter.com, but that is more of just a discussion forum, i mean it does have information, but not all the charts and calcuations so organized like this site does. I worry that my age (33 in march, i'm getting up there!) and the fact that i have 1 ovary and i'm diabetic are going to work against me. I just have to try to stay positive. The m/c in december was an emotional set back, but one that i jumped back from quickly, i tend to be a strong person (may be my aries zodiac sign if you believe in that stuff) i just want to be pregnant again, its the best feeling in the world!!

11 years ago

Thank you!! I think it's a good thing our DH's are concerned, it's better than not caring!!! He thinks that since I have a child from a prev. relationship that it would reflect on him if I wasn't able to conceive. I think he's putting too much thought into it, but he's come leaps and bounds in the last 6 months. He wouldn't even think or talk about trying! lol
You definitely are a strong person, especially what you have been through already! I can only imagine how hard it's been for you. I used to have PCOS but since having my son 5 yrs ago, it seems to be a thing of the past. Is your cycle pretty regular or is it sporatic? It will happen for you, stay positive!! I just turned 32 two weeks ago and my DH turned 31 last week, I definitely hear ya on the clock ticking part!! That makes me a Capricorn....stubborn, persistent goat!! lol I try not to stress but it's so hard sometimes!
I've been to babycenter, but I agree on the usefulness of this site. I love it, especially the dpo symptom tracker. Im getting a little confused on ovulation myself. I've been tracking my CM but I think I will take your advice and try the OPK's next month. BUT....hopefully you and I won't have to worry about next month!!!

User Image

we're the same age too? that's very cool! I Private messaged you, just incase you want to keep talking without blowing up this message thread! lol This site has chat too which is so cool. in regards to my cycle, its normal, it averages about 28-29 days. :) And yes, i agree that its good to have DH that care!!

11 years ago

Haha, good idea!! Yes a lot in common!! Im gonna try and figure out this chat and messages. Talk to you soon!!

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo