Community post

Discussion

TTC feeling weird but trying not to be so hopeful

So i have my 7 year old son and think its about time he has a little bro or sis. since hes been begging for one. every month i just pray i miss my period and be pregnant but to no avail. i sit on the toilet weeping! but this month something feels different. like 4 dpo i feel overly bloated which is not the norm. i try to think about what i ate that would make me feel that way but i have been off sodas n beer and overall unhealthy foods. ive been eating ok. i got so bloaty and i jus felt like crying for no reason. its now like 7 or 8 dpo and i still feel bloating. im peeing a lot but like when i do feel like peeing my bladder almost feels swollen like its about to explode. i get episodes of fatigue and headache and then i feel good again. kind of restless at night. and now i can barely keep up wiht my running partner who i used to be way ahead of :S. i am doing what i can to keep my mind off of it. and ive been successful in not over working my self about it. but my period is like ten days away and im breaking out. i get all these symptoms like 4 or 5 days befor emy period! ugh! does anyone just FEEL like something is different? i think im going to be [b]DEVASTATED[/i] if my period comes! how can i just relax and just take my mind off of it.

Candicey

3 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I can totally relate to how you feel. I have had so many symptoms, cramping, swollen tender breasts, bloating/gassy, headaches, increased sense of smell, fatigue and acne breakout since about 5DPO and I normally do not get any of these symptoms for AF (only cramping the day of and flushed skin).

Now I am at 12DPO. I tested this morning and it was BFN and it really has me depressed, upset, and confused. I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING CRAZY because these symptoms are VERY real and not the norm for me so I just don't understand what is going on. I agree with you that I will feel very devastated if AF comes. I know I didn't answer your question, but I just had to vent my frustration and anxiety, too. Hoping that we both get a miracle BFP. Baby Dust! :-)

User Image for EVERYONE!!!

13 years ago

I know exactly what you mean. I hate getting my hopes up because then the disappointment is that much worse. But, when you really want a baby and are TTC like a maniac, it's hard NOT to get your hopes up, especially when you notice all kinds of weird/promising "sighns" in the 2WW. A lot of your symptoms sound pretty promising and I know I would have my hopes up too, although I would desperately be trying to keep my excitement in check. So much of TTC and early pregnancy is a mind fvck. Is it AF or am I KU? It's pretty impossible to tell until you test. Soooo, I don't have much advice, I just wanted you to know you're not alone. We all do this to ourselves. Just try to hang in there and keep busy to keep your mind occupied until you can test. Good luck!!

User Image TTC #1 Since 2007 #1 7/7/10 EDD 3/14/11 m/c 8/18/10 10w2d #2 4/8/11 Cautiously Expecting Our Miracle 12/21/11

13 years ago

tee hee thanks guys! im trying. but i guess i will keep you guys updated. i still have some time left. i will test only if my Period is late tho. its hard to find a good test on this island. i live in the tropiics in central america. and have to go to the city to get a good one. if i ask my sis to get it for me before she will be like " stop tripping off of this stuff!" lol. so im gonna do what i DONT do best and be patient. thanks for the support. you guysbe sure to keep me informed on your ones as well!!!!

Candicey

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo