Community post

Discussion

Do I need to request a blood test?

I just took my fifth pregnancy HPT test (first day missed period) and all came up positive. Testing details are...2 dollar store tests (very faint positive lines) 2 first response early response tests (faint positives as well, but def. two lines) and 1 digital clearblue easy (Pregnant).

We have been TTC for the past six months. I called the doctor today and they told me that I could come in on Monday, but they would not do a blood test? Should I request this? Is this normal or do I need to just wait until my 8 week visit.

This is my very first pregnancy/positive HPT test experience so I am not sure what is right or wrong. Or if I am just being super paranoid ;)

Any insight would be very helpful. Thank you in advance for any advice.

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Blood work is not required. They will do a urine to confirm. Some will do an ultrasound in their office (poor quality hard to see). I had blood work with 1 pregnancy early on and that was because I had bleeding at 7 weeks.

Good luck!

Angel

12/08 + 1/10 + 07/11, Had to do a lot of for baby #4. Yuck!!!! User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo