Community post

Discussion

Need temping advice

We are going to be trying for our third after I start AF this week. I never temped with either two children and opks and charting worked wonderfully. But last month I had some irregular opks and don't think I ovulated when I thought I did. So I want to try temping. I'm a sahm and we co-sleep. Our bed is against the wall and we sidecar the crib on the other side of the bed. So our alarm clock is across the room on a dresser. I know when temping they say to take it before even getting out of bed. So how do I do this if I have to get out of bed to turn off the alarm? I don't want to sit there for a minute with the alarm going off, especially if the kids aren't awake before the alarm. So what do I do?

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Its really best if you have it beside the bed. If you get up and stir around it can raise your temp pretty rapidly. Any way you could set an alarm for yourself on your phone and put that and your thermometer near your bed a few minutes earlier than your alarm clock?

User Image

11 years ago

I figured out the phone alarm thing yesterday, lol. It totally went over my head. So what do I do if I need to wake in a hurry? Do I not temp that day? Sometimes the kids wake before the alarm so my sleeping isn't exactly the same every day. I know they say its best to temp at the same time everyday.

11 years ago • Post starter

I have a 2 yr old so I understand that! I just temp ASAP. It will typically be an obvious shift for O even when you are not able to temp at the exact same time. You can look at my charts for example if you'd like! I just try and temp within the same hour every day. If it is way off I will just discard that temp.

User Image

11 years ago

I hope I can start a chart after this cycle. I tried adding my symptoms last month but can't do it with my IPad :/

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo