Community post

Discussion

Doing the deed

Maybe a weird question. But what day do you consider it to be if you are finished having sex around midnight? Like if it was 11:45 Sunday night, would you count that as Monday? Especially if you went straight to bed? Lol.

7 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

LOL, I have wondered the same thing! I usually just write a note that it was midnight but count it as the previous day. Then I make sure to do it again late the next day (technically the SAME day!) or very early the following morning. Confused yet? haha :)

D&C 3/13/15 @ 9 weeks, Turner's Syndrome D&C 9/25/15 @ 7 weeks, normal baby Misoprostol, 1/8/16 @ 7 weeks, Turner's Syndrome AGAIN! Me- 29, PCOS, small septum (removed), stage 3 endometriosis, homozygous MTHFR c677t, ANA + DH- 30, Low-ish count, poor morphology, varicocele TTC #1 since December 2014 January 2015- Natural BFP March 2015- m/c at 9 weeks June 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl = cancelled, overstimmed July 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl + iui = BFN August 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl + iui = BFP September 2015- No heartbeat, d&c October 2015- laparoscopy/hysteroscopy- dx = stage 3 endometriosis, small uterine septum, tubes clear November 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl = BFP January 2016- Heartbeat gone @ 7 weeks

8 years ago

Haha, right. Technically it was still Sunday, but all of Sunday is over!

8 years ago • Post starter

Yeah, exactly! I always try to avoid sex around midnight for this very reason, it stresses me out knowing how to record it, lol. But I think if you record it as PM of the night before or AM of the next day (which technically, it is), it'll be fine and shouldn't make any difference (unless you're timed due to an IUI trigger shot)

D&C 3/13/15 @ 9 weeks, Turner's Syndrome D&C 9/25/15 @ 7 weeks, normal baby Misoprostol, 1/8/16 @ 7 weeks, Turner's Syndrome AGAIN! Me- 29, PCOS, small septum (removed), stage 3 endometriosis, homozygous MTHFR c677t, ANA + DH- 30, Low-ish count, poor morphology, varicocele TTC #1 since December 2014 January 2015- Natural BFP March 2015- m/c at 9 weeks June 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl = cancelled, overstimmed July 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl + iui = BFN August 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl + iui = BFP September 2015- No heartbeat, d&c October 2015- laparoscopy/hysteroscopy- dx = stage 3 endometriosis, small uterine septum, tubes clear November 2015- follistim + ganirelix + pregnyl = BFP January 2016- Heartbeat gone @ 7 weeks

8 years ago

Typically night is our only free time together. my hubby works nights (6pm-6am) and sleeps during the morning and afternoon. Tomorrow is his next night off and will be his last night off until Monday (by then I'll likely have ovulated already).

Oh man, so you don't have much of a choice with time. But then at least you are probably doing it around the same time each time, so if you space 24-48 hours apart then you should be covered!

8 years ago

Yep! Our youngest was a surprise baby (irregular cycles). We baby danced cd27 and got a positive opk on cd30 (felt crampy with ewcm so decided to test). So he was conceived from sex 3-4 days before O! Now I'm back to my regular 30/31 day cycles and currently cd12. Fingers crossed.

That's great! Best of luck to you! :)

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo