Community post

Discussion

Over 40 TTC.... and I KNOW I am not the ONLY one: Part IV

View Full Post

Well, we got to page 16 so I started it over......

here's a recap of my story:
My name is Carolyn... I am 37 (close to 40) and just had my first child this summer but dh and I don't want to wait too long for another because it took us 2 years to have our first and we are getting older..... so we are TTC #2 now!

I have a question for you ladies: my temp dropped today but I have been getting negative opks so far.... only been testing once a day because I am only on cycle day 10 today and usually I O around day 12.... do you think I missed the surge and we should bd anyway today? or should I just wait and see if I get a postive opk in the next few days?

479 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

41 - 50 of 479 Replies | Last Page

Kraken -FXD you get your [BP] soon.

I just remembered something...

After the CP, my doctor ran several tests. My sonogram showed a perfectly healthy uterus with great lining, but my doc said he understood the sense of urgency given I'm over 40 an TTC#1, so he ran a full blood panel on us and both came back fine. He also told me he ed to do a saline sonohysterogram, so he could get a better look at my uterous. I scheduled the procedure for early October and guess what? They found a polyps. They weren't that large, but were in a spot where he thinks it was impacting my uterus being able to sustain the pregnancy. My doctor showed me the sonogram view and the saline sonohysterogram view. Basically, if he never did the saline sonohysterogram, we would have thought all was well in my uterus.

I had the polyps removed in October via polyectomy and he did a D&C. We were told we could start trying again in November. Perhaps it was the polyp removal that helped as well given we got our on the 2nd cycle after removal.

I'm still quite nervous, but my HPTs are already much darker than they were last time.

User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies.... not much news from my front. Just waiting impatiently each day to see if I get a line.... not much so far: just shadowy faint things that taunt me :) I have internet early strips but I am still only 7 or 8 dpo so it could be too early. I have been super tired, headachy, moody and hungry. And still bloated. Otherwise just trying to pass the time.......

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi all, just wanting to vent, you know how it is when your brain plays tricks and you can't talk to your DH or work mates. This month I have had no real symptoms, only mild cramps two days ago, which i have every month, so i never felt like this is the month. I have low bbt and am 12 dpo but wanted to wait until Thursday to test, but now at work I'm having waves of nausea, a good sign I know so now I wish I had taken a test. Ahhh breathe...
Hope everyone has survived the new year and ready to take on 2013.

11 years ago

Montanella: I know exactly what you mean! I sometimes wish I could just stare a line into appearance on the test strip..... but Dh would think I was nuts... actually TTC makes me crazy! Can't believe you have held off this long! Kudos for that! I don't have that will power..... Wishing you lots of baby vibes!

Just got a bfn. At least I didn't cry this morning. I am so thankful for everyoneon this site.

11 years ago

Montanella....

I'm so sorry! :( I hope you aren't giving up though.... hang in there- and keep with us!

I am still waiting this TWW out.... got dollar tree tests today and I got what I think is just an evap.... Please tell me what you think................. honestly......

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=86534

Do you think there is a chance here? Evap or faint beginning of a line?

I just get so devastated with evaps and thinking there is hope then finding out it's nothing..... sometimes I think I convince myself there is more there than there really is....

cjpalaska - There is something there, but it is difficult to determine if it is an evap. Does it have any color to it? Do you have a FRER or another early result test that you could take with FMU tomorrow?

My fingers are crossed that this is the start of your BFP!

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Cj. Not going to give up. I'm going back to taking opk and my bbt this month. I have seen women using vitex, what does this do?
Also Cj I see a line too, it looks really promising. Fx for you.

11 years ago

Happy New Year!

We just got back from our trip tonight. Have injection class on Thursday and should be starting shots for the IVF on the 15th.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Sounds interesting essemkay. I am sure it's your time.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo