Community post

Discussion

Anyone else taking Clomid for the first time?

View Full Post

Hi Everyone. I am on cycle day 23 today and I believe I am 4 days past ovulation (though my OPKs have said I am ovulating every day for the last 4 days).
This is my first cycle taking Clomid (days 5 - 9) as my Dr. says I have very mild PCOS. I read on here so many other things that girls taking Clomid are doing but I was given the pills and told to take it every day from 5 -9 and start BDing every day 9 - 16. Because my OPKs didn't show a positive, my hubby and I kept BDing every day until yesterday when I finally decided that we both really needed a break!
I feel like I have done everything I can this month - Clomid, Robitussin, Preseed, tried 13 days in a row and Instead cup. I really hope everything works.
If any one has any Clomid tips, suggestions, knowledge, and especially success stories, I would love to hear them!!
Thanks!!!

User Image

286 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 286 Replies | Last Page

Hi Everyone: I am on my 3rd round of Clomid. I take Clomid cd's 3-7, Estradiol days 8-12, and Progesterone suppositories days 17-29. I was put on Prometrium in January because I missed my cycle for December and January. The doctor determined that I wasn't ovulating so I am now on the Clomid to help us get pregnant. I am experiencing all kinds of symptoms at 11dpo like nausea and sore boobs and a tightness in my stomach. I am really hoping it works this time. We got pregnant naturally last year and we had a miscarriage on May 14, 09...exactly 7 days after I saw the baby's hearbeat at 9 weeks for the first time. I wish you the best and will keep you updated.

13 years ago

Hey everyone...

I started my very first round of clomid last week, I've got one more dose to go tomorrow. Even though I ov on my own (our issue is male morph), my Dr put me on 100mg. I'm slightly nervous about over stimming, since I do ov naturally. The point is to get more targets so hopefully DH's swimmers can hit one of them. We are also doing iui's, with this cycle being our second attempt. I sure don't want to be a Jon & Kate situation though, lol!

I've been taking the pills as night, attempting to minimize the side affects. The biggest one I've noticed is the hot flashes, but flash is the wrong word. I was a furnace for hours last night, and I'm usually an icicle. ;)

My left ovary area is getting tender already, so something is working somewhere. I'm going to be using opk's again, and hoping that the clomid doesn't push back my o date too far. I usually O between cd 11 and 14.

Good Luck to all and hugs to those who need them!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Welcome Ladies and GOOD LUCK....

I am thinking this is not my cycle

I am being a total beast this week i think dh is about to kill me.

Suzy TTC#1 Yayy for Ovulation

13 years ago

Morning Ladies!

Suzy - you are too funny. I am sure he understands. I still have hopes for you this cycle!

Lisserb - Oh welcome to the world of clomid! Night flashes (or all night heat) is the only symptom I have had so far. I am on 50mg but if I'm not preggers this cycle, I will be moving up to 100mg as well. Clomid generally pushes Oing back a couple days. I have been Oing on CD19 while on clomid (except this month - I am CD20 and still waiting). I hope the additional 'targets' work for you this month!

Dullah - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I m/c last month. I wasn't as far along as you so I can't imagine, but I think it is always tough! Good luck!! Clomid is supposed to be THE drug of choice for getting preggers so I hope it works - for all of us!!!

Hopeful - Congrats on your positive! Yippee! Fingers crossed for the 2ww.

AIsha - how are you today? Any symptoms?

I am still waiting to O. I thought my internet cheapies were a + last night but my CBFM still didn't show a positive this morning :(. Hopefully tmw morning.

Victoria - good luck at the Dr. Please let me know how it goes. I really hope you aren't in any pain. Big hug!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Thanks moconner. When did you tend to O before clomid?

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

I'd just like to begin by saying we know we are on a clomid thread when we congratulate each other for ovulating as if it were a bfp!

Victoria- I really hope your cysts heal and go away asap!

Lindsey- Happy

Dullah- welcome to the thread! I'm sorry to hear about your m/c Your symptoms sound promising though!

Melissa- I had night heat too but that was it. I Oed on CD 16 when I was on clomid and that was the earliest I believe of the ladies on this thread. But this cycle without clomid I didn't O until CD34 so I will gladly take CD16. Based on my observation on this thread, I would expect you to O between CD 14 and CD 21. Maybe start OPKs on CD 13 or maybe 12?

Suzy- why do you think you are out?

Margaret- I hope you O soon! I heard somewhere (maybe on this thread lol) that the third round of clomid is a lucky round!

AFM- I know I'm obsessing and chances are this is nothing, but today at 8dpo when I went down a flight of stairs there was a little bit of discomfort in my bbs. My bbs never hurt with AF and only hurt like that if I jump up and down while braless. My bbs also hurt when I poke them but I'm not sure if they are really sore or if it's just because I keep poking them to see if they are sore Also, I have barely any cm today which NEVER happens for me. I usually have creamy cm the whole month, even when I don't ovulate I have creamy cm. Even when I was on clomid I had more cm than this. So no cm is very strange for me. But I'm really not getting my hopes up. My body has been going through so much these last few months that it probably just doesn't know what to do!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

I am just not really feeling it lol. I am totally feeling af though she is due on the 5th I a little concerned she may be pushed out some from the clomid so I am giving her till the 7th before I start freaking out !!!

I tested on Sunday BFN and I am gonna test in the morning I am a poas addict

13 years ago

I just did my OPK for today and the line was a lot lighter than the control!! I am CD18 today. Would I assume that I Oed yesterday or today? I am sooo excited to think that I actually Oed! I think I'm in shock! Aisha I know what you mean about congratulating on Oing! I just hope a BFP feels twice as good as knowing I Oed!!

13 years ago

Suzy- Maybe since you feel out that means you will actually get a bfp this cycle! Who knows in this crazy ttc world!

Lindsey- Congrats dear! I remember my first positive OPK! I freaked out and HAD to tell the ladies on here asap!

For all you ladies, how long has everyone's luteal phases been so far on clomid. Mine was 13 days. I have no idea how long it is without clomid since I' currently in my first non-clomid lp

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago

Af has arrived a day early to boot.. She is just so great sometimes.

Welp I am holding out for you all come on BFP's I really need to see one..

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo