Community post

Discussion

DEPO DIFFICULTIES ANYONE?

I was one depo for 2 years after having my soon i revieved my last shot april 2011 and have not had a period since becoming off of depo i went to the doctor and she suggested that I take the pill to see if it regulates my cycles but i havent noticed i took a month worth of depo and got my AF when it came to the placebos and it was horrible not sure if i am even ovulating.. I have been checking CM and cervical position and i havent noticed any change in CM im so discouraged and want another baby so bad idk what to do anymore!! I dont know if i will ever be able to!!! Anyone else have any difficulties coming off of depo?

I'm so ready.

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Depo was a nightmare for me! My last shot was November 2011. I was on it since Feb. 2010. I didn't get my period until January 2012. I wish I never went on it. They wanted me on the pill but I refused. It was the exact thing I wanted out of my system. I'm so sorry it's happening to you!

Emmy (32) Married to Kevin (31) 01/23/2009 angel, 01/21/2010 daughter!, 04/16/2012 angel, 06/21/2012 angel. Wanting another baby so bad!

11 years ago

tswatford - DEPO for me was a nightmare as well. I have been off of it since june of 2011 after being on it for 5 years. I truly believe that the depo is the reason why I haven't been able to concieve (it's been about 15 months now since we started trying). I was on the pill when my DH & I decided to start our family back in 2004. Within a month of being off of the pill I was pregnant with our 1st daughter (we ended up having 2 daughters within 366 days of each other. The 1st was born 12/1 & then the other one came along 12/2 the following year). & so with that being said, I am almost certian that the DEPO is the reason for my NOT being able to concieve after 15 months of trying. I will never again be on depo. Lots of luck & lots of baby dust to ya!!!!!

User Image AND 2 EVERYONE

11 years ago

I completely agree, ledfords girl! I wish I would have been told more about it before doing it and that it could really cause problems if/when I wanted to conceive again.

I have googled so many things about depo and it's unreal how many problems it has caused.

:( I am vocal to all my friends and co-workers to NOT go on it if they want another baby.

Emmy (32) Married to Kevin (31) 01/23/2009 angel, 01/21/2010 daughter!, 04/16/2012 angel, 06/21/2012 angel. Wanting another baby so bad!

11 years ago

Thanks so much girls and i feel your pain tons i have been so dicouraged my DH is even discouraged..I notice when he's talking to people he's like "if we will even get to have a second" and stuff and i feel so bad cause i know its my body not his and its very disappointing..I hate that this is so hard i don tknow what else to do with my self....with my first child i was on depo for 4 years then went on the pill to lose some of the weight the bc put on within 2 months of being on the pill i found out i was pregnant ive only been on the shot this time for 2 years and went back on the pill to see if it would help and i have had no results its bery disappointing i think i have severly messed my body up!!...so heart breaking but thanks girls for letting me know there are others out there like us.. and lots of baby dust to you!!

I'm so ready.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo