Community post

Discussion

Food talk

Hey all,

Before I got pregnant I used to drink a diet pepsi a day. Now that I'm pregnant I am kind of scared to drink it because of the aspartame. I've read up on it and from the info I gathered it's fine in moderation. I'm still iffy about and I will ask my doctor but I only see her in three weeks. What are your thoughts ladies?

User Image and and to all!

4 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hello

I have heard you should limit your caffeine in pregnancy to 200mg a day. Basically that's one cup of filter coffee or two cups of instant coffee. Diet Pepsi has 69mg but there are studies to suggest aspartame is not good for health so probably best avoided altogether in pregnancy.

I like my coffee but have just one cup of half caff in the morning.

I also like blue cheese, shellfish, red wine and lots of other lovely things but I guess when baby arrives I can go mad for all the things I have been missing out on!

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Yeah, I've been staying away from it so far. I'll ask my doctor how she feels about it and I'll go from there :) I'm crazy for milk right now anyways!

User Image and and to all!

13 years ago • Post starter

Why is blue cheese a no-no? never heard of that!

[url= BabyFruit Ticker]

13 years ago

Hello

I love blue cheese so not being able to eat it is soooo unfair!

I bet pregnant French ladies still eat it!

Apparently there is a slim risk of listeria and when you are pregnant your immune system is a bit suppressed making you more susceptible to food poisoning.

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo