Community post

Discussion

Help! Questions about BC and symptoms

Hey. Here's the deal. I'm not trying to conceive, I'm still only 23 years of age and in a brand new relationship. My boyfriend JUST got a vasectomy as of a day ago. I'm on birth control and have been since....late june? Anyways. I've been good until recently about taking my birth control pill, but I have been skipping the sugar pills because I'm tired of Aunt Flo ruining my fun. I had my period the week before starting BC, had some spotting and irregular bleeding around July 17th, and then today started "spotting" but it's this weird brown-ish color. Me and my boyfriend (stupidly) only occasionally use condoms (3-4 times in our 3 month relationship) and have stuck to the pull out method (don't need any motherly lectures right now). My tracker on my phone says I'm 10 days late from my period, but I just figured that's from the way I'm using my birth control? I could be wrong. Yes my boobs are sore and yes I've had some menstrual cramping...and I'm bloated to beat hell. I've just chalked that up to my period. But upon searching up symptoms and signs I also have had a yellow-ish discharge and headaches and backaches. I might just be freaking myself out and this all my be from my period, but I'm not sure what to do. Any advice or other early symptoms I could check. I'm going to do a pregnancy test in the morning.

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Skipping the sugar pills and going right into your new pack wont increase your chance of getting pregnant. I really dont think it matters if he pulled out or not, as long as you took the active pills correctly your fine :)

The thing is your not late because the "periods" your reffing to are only your body going trhough birth control withdrawl. So if you dont take the sugar pills you will not really have a withdrawel bleed, you could however have breakthroguh spotting, which happens regardless sometimes.

Of coarse everyone says you still can get pregnant on the pills, but really your taking them for birth control, your taking them correctly (cause skipping the sugar pills doesnt really matter as far as I understand, i used to skipped them to all the time!) so you should stress yourself out! Finsih your pack, use the sugar pills and have a withdrawel bleeb, youll feel bettter if you see it, and relax!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo