Community post

Discussion

HELP! Was I wrong about my OPK results?

I am really confused here and hope that I get some replies to this since I haven't been getting much feedback to my other posts on here.

What I am so lost about is my opk results and now I am really starting to believe I could have been wrong all along about my O date. Here is a little info on my cycle for the month of July

Period 11-15 (5 days, normal)
Normal Cycle length-30/31 days

Started OPKs on late 15th and did them through friday 20th
My line started out VERY faint and gradually got darker through the week...on friday it was dark but not as dark as the control line like it should be before the LH surge. 21-22 I missed testing since we were on vacation in Munich. Monday the 23 I resumed doing OPKs. The line started out very positive (on mon and tuesday) which lead me to believe it was detecting my normal LH levels and that I O'd this past weekend so I just assumed it was Sunday the 22nd. Although this is my first time doing OPKs, I don't think I am wrong for assuming that once the line continually gets darker and then drastically drops after a weekend of not testing, one would assume that Ovulation occured. Correct??? Well, I kept testing...wednesday and thursday the line got significantly darker...I'd say 60% of the color of the control line...then friday 27th it was nearly as dark as the control. I would have tested the following weekend but I ran out of OPKs and didn't get a chance to buy more. In other words, what I am trying to say is that I've gotten identical results on OPKs on July 15-20 and then July 23-27 with both fridays being a solid line almost as dark as the control. This confused me for the longest time until I read a lot of articles about OPKs being able to detect LH and HCG. Although it is not advised to base your pregnancy results on the outcome of an OPK, it has shown that OPKs can and many times do detect pregnancy much earlier than HPTs. I have been testing with HPTs for the past 5 days (I am 13dpo now) and all I have been getting is BFN's unfortunately. Which is leading me to believe that the second round of positive OPKs was not possibly detecting HCG and hinting early pregnancy....and instead I could have really ovulated sometime after the 27th and not 22nd like I've been going by all this time.....this would now make me 8dpo instead of 13 dpo...............please help.
I APPOLOGIZE for the insanely long post however I could use some answers and please do not tell me to wait till AF shows. I know that, I'm tired of hearing that. I just need some input from others in the mean time. My AF isn't due until aug 11th so I have another week to wait and the wait already has been killing me. Thanks in advance!! :)

Baby Isabel Grace is due to grace us with her presence on April 16, 2013!  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I am sorry, I meant to say on the 23rd my line started out very FAINT and NOT positive as I wrote. Sorry for the confusion :)

Baby Isabel Grace is due to grace us with her presence on April 16, 2013!  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo