Community post

Discussion

So Confused... Help? Opinions?

So I am Lost and just need a little direction, I can not get in to see my doctor right now and I have searched all over and can not find any information..

On June 19th I got a BFP, my husband and I were very excited so much we took 6 different tests just to make sure.. lol! Things were going ok until June 25th when I started spotting; I have a history of ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages so I went to the hospital to get checked out. Turns out I was actually 7 weeks and 2 days along, my levels were 750, & I was very shocked because in May I got 3 BFNs and what I thought was my period... But sadly there was no heartbeat. I was told to come back in two days to do another blood draw to just verify I was indeed miscarrying again. So when I returned my levels had dropped to 25, they did another ultrasound and said it was complete and nothing was left. Devastated I took it day by day. The bleeding would stop and start, Id be spotting one day & heavy the next, it was all very random. This went on for 4 weeks and I started to get worried because it wasnt stopping and the pain on my right side was getting worse and worse & I was still getting + pregnancy tests so I went to the hospital again.. My levels were reading 19 still, (after 4 weeks thats weird) and I was told there is fluid in my right fallopian tube. Its been a week since that visit, the pain has subsided and the bleeding finally stopped but now Im worried because its been almost 6 weeks and I havent had a period, unless I had one when I was still bleeding from the miscarriage... Im having pregnancy symptoms again and before you ask yes my husband and I did have sex a couple times when I thought the bleeding had stopped. Everything is running threw my head, and Im worried about the fluid, where did that come from?? Basically my question is how long did it take for your body to get back to normal after a miscarriage? & did you get pregnant right away? How did you find out??

6 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I miscarried in April of this year but I had a D&C. I miscarried in 2009 and passed everything myself. That one started as light bleeding and within 48 hours I passed everything. I started my period about 3 weeks later and it was pretty crazy for about 6 months. Some periods were 45 day cycles, some were skipped all together. Then in April, I had the D&C and I started my period 2 weeks later and they've been normal for the last 3 months. My Dr. said to wait about 3 cycles to start trying again. I think the 2009 miscarriage was incomplete. I even had a laparoscopy (sp??) in 2010 because of the crazy periods and painful cycles that revealed Adenomyosis. I guess it's a form of Endometriosis. Anyway, we're hoping it sticks this time.

I hope everything works out for you!! I'm sure everyone is different anyway. Momma!!

11 years ago

So its now almost 8 weeks since my misscarriage, 52 days to be exact.. and still no period. I've taken a hpt this past Saturday (8/11/12) and it was a BFN. So I really dont know whats going on.. I'm not sure how much longer I'm supposed to wait before I go see the doctor. What is going on with my body? I've read a lot of different things online about how long it takes for a period to come back.. 4-6 weeks.. 5-7 weeks.. I even saw a few people saying 9 weeks before their came back. How long did you wait until it came back??

11 years ago • Post starter

I had a missed miscarriage in December. When it didn't pass on its own, I had a D&C in January. I took a long time for my period to come back, more than 8 weeks (I think I was bordering on 12, I remember thinking it wasn't normal).

But eventually it did. Why don't you just call your doctor and ask before making an appointment? It's different for everyone, but I don't know how long you need to wait before it's considered "abnormal"

Good luck and hopefully it'll come soon!

BFP 11/2011; missed m/c 12/2012; D&C 1/2012. Surgery to remove fibroids 4/2012. Trying again 7/2012~ --------- I'm on a quest to live life as if every day were vacation. Follow my journey at http://summerandsundays.com

11 years ago

I just wanted to say that I finally got my period today.. 57 days since my mc. I had light spotting yesterday but this morning it came a little more.. I'm interested to see if its going to be a heavy one or a light one. But atleast I know that my hubby and I can start trying again after this cycle. :)

I'm glad finally came for you. Maybe everything will regulate by the next cycle. Unfortunately I mc again yesterday. This is the 4th for me so I'm hoping I passed everything and I hope my system regulates quickly. We might try again before the end of the year but I'm waiting a little while.

I'm really sorry for your loss. to you! I hope you get your when you start trying again.

11 years ago

Thank you.. I'm ready to just get back to normal. I'm sorry to hear about your m/c.. 4th in a row? have you talked to your doctor about what might be causing the m/c's?

I hope it all works out for you by the end of the year..

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo