Community post

Discussion

OPKs-any advice on use? (1st Timer) Did they benefit you?

I just ordered my first set of OPKs on amazon.com today. Should arrive by July 3rd just in time for me to start testing to pinpoint my O date...even though in the past I have just guessed at it being halfway thru my cycle since I am very regular every 26 days.

First pregnancy took only 2 cycles and I was pregnant. This time TTC baby 2 and cycle 2 has come and gone.

I figure this time just to figure out exactly when I am ovulating, I will try some of these OPKs out.

How do they work...or should I say DO they work? Anyone had any success after using these things? What exactly do you do...pee on a strip every day til you get a double line that means you are about to ovulate, then you BD?

Anyone get pregnant soon after trying these things and did it help you more using an OPK than without?

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I haven't gotten a BFP yet but they do work. I use them starting on CD10 and pee in a cup then dip the test strip in between 5 and 7 pm each night. Depends on when I get home from work. You will know when you get a positive because the test line will be as dark if not darker than the control line. Have patience, it will seem like forever before you get a pos opk. I keep mine to compare each day because I do have faint lines from CD10 to CD17 or CD18 (28-32 days for me). Once you get the pos you should O within 24-36 hours. Remember a pos does not mean you have O'd but will O. Good luck and sticky baby dust to you. :)

User Image

11 years ago

Great thank you! So i guess i will start using it around the last day of AF to get used to it and test every day after that til i get the dark line. In the meantime i still plan on BD every day or at least every other day up to OV based on my estimated Ov date, which would be on or around July 8th this cycle.

Thanks or the well wishes, and same to you!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo