Community post

Discussion

Don't bother trying to decifer preg symptoms from PMS

It really is pointless because just about every pregnancy symptom can be a symptom of pms. I just got AF yesterday afternoon and was so disappointed, after thinking i might really be pregnant this month. The 'symptoms' i had were: pinching/pulling feeling in uterine area for about a week last week, frequent urination this past week, racing heartbeat at times, lightheadedness/ nausea off an on for a couple days, mid day fatigue, shooting pins and needle pain in nipples for two days-same feeling as let down when your body preps to breastfeed, constant hunger that never seemed to end, slightly sore breasts on the sides under armpits. Now with all that.....no pregnancy. AF reared her ugly red head.

Trying to diagnose yourself as pregnant and guess if you felt implantation or your body prepping for a pregnancy, is pointless in my experience and opinion! The only sure thing is a missed period with a positive pregnancy.

So....dont drive yourselves crazy ladies.

Its funny...with my first pregnancy i drove myself nuts thinking i was having symptoms. The next month i said forget it i cant be pregnant...i am ignoring all these 'symptoms' i THINK i am having...and low and behold i missed my period...still waited til i was 3 days late to test....i was pregnant....and even at 3 days late for this very regular 26 day cycle girl- the line was light. Testing too soon is a confidence killer!

Now my second time around TTC and i am driving myself nutty thinking i am having symptoms again. Back to my original plan of attack....eating balanced, cutting down caffeine, taking prenatal vits and fertile CM vits, tracking approximate ovulation to do the deed at optimal times of fertility...and then letting whatever happens, happen. Done wondering if i might be pregnant before i even miss my period. Pointless i tell you.

Good luck to all....and try to stay sane while you TTC! :)

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

WOW~ I TOTALLY AGREE WITH WHAT YOU'RE SAYING... EVERY WORD!!! I EXPERIENCED THE SAME THING, EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER BEEN PREGNANT. I LITERALLY HYPNOTIZED MYSELF TO THINK THAT I WAS ALREADY PREGNANT... THEN CAME THE HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. SO MY PLAN THIS MONTH WAS TO REALLY STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE (EVEN UPDATING MY TRACKING CALENDAR) AND JUST LIVE MY NORMAL LIFE. LUCKILY, I'VE HAD SEVERAL JOB INTERVIEWS THIS PAST WEEK TO KEEP ME PREOCCUPIED. I'M NOW ON CD20 -- WHICH LEAVES ME ONLY 8 DAYS UNTIL I TEST. OR LIKE YOU SAID, I'LL PROBABLY JUST LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE AND HOPE THAT I'M LATE. MY BIGGEST WISH RIGHT NOW IS TO HAVE A HEALTHY PREGNANCY. I HEARD SO MANY HORROR STORIES WITH MORNING SICKNESS, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO STRESS ABOUT IT NOW~ IT'S REALLY "POINTLESS." LADIES OUT THERE, THIS IS A PRECIOUS JOURNEY FOR ALL OF US...

TO YOU ALL~! User Image User Image

11 years ago

Yeah, unfortunately even interviews, work, existing kids etc...can be tough to keep your mind preoccupied enough not to think about it at all. My advice having gone thru it once and now going thru it again, is to just not even bother looking for symptoms. Just eat healthy, limit caffeine, dont use lube, take your vitamins, and hope and pray! Unfortunately you do have to track to know your most fertile days since just having sex on random days without considering your fertile days just wont result in a pregnancy. Unless you are having sex at least every other day of the month, you're covered lol.

Try not to stress yourself out. Best of luck to you in TTC!

11 years ago • Post starter

Oh and btw, ignore the horror stories. Every pregnancy is different! Some people get terrible morning sickness, others dont at all. Personally, i just felt queasy over certain tastes and smells but i never actually threw up at all. The things that set me off were the smell and taste of toothpaste, coffee, and chicken. Eventually i evened out and was fine with everything again after a couple months....except toothpaste. Couldnt stand the mint and before i could even get the brush in my mouth i was gagging. I actually had to switch to kids strawberry flavored toothpaste temporarily til i discovered Tom's brand natural toothpaste and used the mango and strawberry flavored ones of those my entire pregnancy. My vices in pregnancy were mostly horrible heartburn the entire time, and breakouts at the beginning. Awful. Otherwise i loved being pregnant...loved my huge belly, my long shiny hair...my big boobs (finally) lol. Glowing skin came about 6 months for me once my terrible hormonal pimples cleared up. Dealt with that the first 4 months id say. I absolutely loved being pregnant and cant wait to be in that place again. So, keep the horror stories out of your mind. Enjoy every moment when it happens! :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo