Community post

Question

Intimately know your cervix? Please help!

For the last year and a half, I've checked my cervix regularly. In other words, I know how it feels at any given point in my cycle. I also know very well what fluid is or should be happening for said points of cycle.

Here's my question: have you noticed EXTREME internal softness and crazy fluid amounts after ovulation has passed?

I am 5 days passed, and the softness has only increased since. Softer than I've ever felt it during ovulation, and I can't distinguish my cervix from the vaginal walls because everything is SO puffy and soft. Swollen, but in the softest pillow-like way.

The fluid is also CRAZY excessive. I'm on my third pair of panties today because of it. I can feel the need to wipe before I even genuinely need to use the restroom again just while sitting, standing or walking and it's now taking TWO times of wiping real good before I get it gone. There is no smell, no itching, no pain.

Normally, I have my usual softness for 1-2 days at maximum (but not near this soft as currently) during ovulation and standard egg white mucus (again, no where near this extreme amount experienced in current cycle and after ovulation to boot), followed by an almost IMMEDIATE and very noticeable drying up, almost as if a sponge soaked it all up. my cervix also very quickly hardens.

I fully know that SO much is taken with a grain of salt when "symptom" spotting, especially with cervix dealings because no two women are the same early on, which really renders cervix checking pretty useless. However, I have never experienced this before during ovulation let alone almost a week after.

I'm also beginning to cramp slightly, but being that I'm about a week before my period is due, that's another "grain of salt" clue, could just be PMS nagging already.

If you've read this far, thank you! I appreciate it!

Did you have a similar experience? What was the outcome?

4 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Honestly I never check my cervix anymore because it changed so much after having my son so I can't offer advice from any personal experience, but what you are describing sounds like it could be an early pregnancy sign - or a total fluke! If you're not pregnant then you might want to see a NaPro Technology doctor to investigate what's going on with hormones, because this is an odd occurrence for a luteal phase! Most doctors don't pick up on really subtle female reproductive issues but that's what NaPro tech is all about!

3 years ago

That's very true! I've thought the same thing. That at the very least, even if pregnancy isn't the outcome, I've caught wind of SOMETHING early on which never hurts! Especially if it turns out to be some sort of issue. Absolutely not putting all my eggs in one basket, but I'll definitely take the check mark I can put in the "possibility" column regardless!

3 years ago • Post starter

Just wondering, is the fluid thing anything like the question u asked a year ago? U had a lot of fluid then too, how did that cycle turn out? Maybe ur going through a similar hormone pattern. Ur fluid levels increase with estrogen levels (and hydration), which could also render an opk positive (very common mid-LP). I'd try one of those, not to test for pregnancy, but more to see what ur LH is doing. Clearblue advanced opks would be perfect right now. ;)

I can't help much with the cervix thing, mine always seems to bounce between high and "where the eff did u go?!" It very well could be a good sign tho. Sounds like increased blood flow/fluid levels making things more "plush". Anything out of ur norm could be a very good sign, imo.
Good luck! Fingers crossed for a bfp. =))

3 years ago

A year ago, that cycle ended up to be nothing, and also a different type of fluid. That was watery, I think possibly I was still unsure what I was doing lol. I'd started beginning to track my cervix a few months before but it's alot of trial and error at first! I believe then, my calander and my tracking was off, and that was actually more so ovulation and not being 7dpo-ish like I thought.

This is a sticky yet wet, odd fluid. Similar to egg whites, but at times will be more white looking when it dries on my panties and doesn't have the viscosity to be "pulled apart" like the egg white fertile fluid. I am also still soft, I totally expected to wake up today and my body to have snapped back to reality of what it should be doing post ovulation, but still the same. Fluid level has decreased some but not gone, and while my vaginal walls are not currently SUPER puffy like last night when I made this post, the cervix itself is still high and soft, probably about medium closure but I've had one child vaginally already so it's pretty much always that way lol.

So who knows ????‍?? time will tell!

3 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo