Community post

Question

24 weeks and having contractions??

This is my fourth pregnancy, but I’m far from an expert at everything obviously!!! ???? yes, I’ve heard of and had Braxton-Hicks. No, I don’t believe that’s what this is, as my contractions are 6-7 minutes apart lasting 1 minute. Those have just started in the last 2 hours. I’ve had pretty bad back pain before this, but chalked it up to normal pregnancy stuff ????‍?? We’ve all done it. Now I can see and feel the contractions happening. They don’t keep me from walking yet, just extremely uncomfortable, with horrible back pain, and pressure in my pelvis. Okay here’s where it got weird, my nipples have begun leaking not only colostrum, but white milky discharge... milk? I don’t mean a slight leak, I mean I soaked my shirt this morning within minutes? I have never ever heard of this ? Not before late late pregnancy??? Anyone know anything about this? And finally, yes, I did check my cervix just now after a warm shower, and I am almost 2 fingertips dilated. Yes, it’s frowned upon, don’t worry I was coached through it years ago when I was pregnant with my first, I took all the proper precautions. No, I didn’t Harm anything by checking. ?? I’m waiting on my wonderful doctors office to call me back, so I can speak to someone about what I’m experiencing, I just figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask you wonderful ladies if anyone knows if this is something to worry about? Have you experience it? Any kind words? Please no negative as I am worried as is. ?? Thank you so much in advance ladies

2 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Have you called your OB or midwives. That is what I would do in this circumstance. If you are in early labor you need to be seen as soon as possible. Good luck.

4 years ago

Yes, I am waiting for a call back today. I don’t think the OB office closest to me is very good.. just took my number and said they’d call back

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo