Community post

Question

Morning sickness

Hi ladies I'm 7 weeks pregnant and only yesterday and today I've been hit by really bad morning sickness i cant bare the mell of anything and haven't been able to eat and I feel hungry but too nauseated to eat. Has anyone got any advice on what to eat in their experience with morning sickness what did help you ladies

3 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Ginger and lemon works really well for me. I usually just infuse ginger in hot water and then add the juice of a lemon and sometimes a little honey. You can drink it cold if you think it will be easier. Otherwise I drink a little bit of ginger lemon kombucha whenever I start feeling a little queasy and it eases it enough so I can eat. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to eat because an empty stomach makes the nausea much worse so start with something neutral like plain crackers and then you can move on to more nutritious food once you feel a little better. Some prénatals can also make it worse so you may want to look into one that doesn’t make you nauseous. I k’ow There’s a lot of them I can’t take without getting sick in the next half hour but i’ve found one that doesn’t affect me
Good luck! I’m 7 weeks today too!

4 years ago • Edited

Thank you so much for your reply I'll definitely be trying this. I appreciate your advice. I'll try the plain crackers first. Congratulations on your pregnancy were both 7 weeks probably due around the same time best of luck and thanks again x

4 years ago • Post starter

When I was pregnant with my first I was recommended to have crackers on my nightstand so I could eat one or two immediately from waking up. Just like @agatch said, empty stomach makes it so much worse.

Also what helped me was to eat a little portions throughout the day rather than eating big meals sparsely.

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo