Community post

Question

Positives and negatives..9 years ttc

A bit of background.. I fell pregnant twice in 2008 (unplanned) but I was thrilled sadly, I miscarried twice and have been desperate for that bfp ever since. I had a dermoid cyst removed last year and was also diagnosed with pcos with cysts on both ovaries (on metformin at present). My consultant said that I don’t ovulate (or very rarely) and this broke my heart, although each cycle (some very long, some very short), I test anyway..just out of hope. This last few months my cycles have regulated and this cycle af seems to be missing. I tested with cb early and received 6 v faint positives (all blue) and I’ve also had some questionable (barely there lines on frer. Ive been testing over a series of days now (around 9) and there have been a mixture of faint positives and negatives. I’m so upset and confused, the gp has set me up an appointment with the midwife without any bloods or even a urine test to confirm as he believes these positives cant be wrong but I am so worried to hold up the appointment with no baby for a midwife to care for. . I have nobody to talk to other than my dh and ed if anyone else has had this experience with tests?

Apologies for the long post.

A lonely lady who longs for a bfp x

11 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Answers | Last Page

Hi there
I’m so sorry you have to go through all this! I can feel your agony. I am trying for 8 years unfortunately with no positive ever. What you’re describing sounds like it could be a chemical pregnancy which I truly hope it isn’t. Best thing to do imo is to ask if they can do a blood test.
Do you have any of the tests still so we can see the lines? Where there ever a progression or there where only faint lines? I’m asking cuz firstly the blue dye ones are notorious for false lines and I can confirm that also my self. And secondly, lately the frers I read so many times that they also giving some intent lines and false positives.
I really hope from the bottom of my heart that is nothing of the above and that you really are pregnant!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

User image

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply. I will attempt to post some pics of the tests.

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

Another

user submitted image

Another line

user submitted image

Frer

user submitted image

Cb

user submitted image

Frer

user submitted image

Frer & cb

user submitted image

Cb

user submitted image

Unfortunately you really do just need a blood test. You really will want to know either way. Without any progression or getting a darker line, it's not a good sign.

Mill

5 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo