Community post

Question

Pregnancy after loss/hcg levels

*possible trigger*

I had my Mc on August 7th. My last hcg draw was don on August 29th and was less than one. I felt really crappy on my left side on sept. 3rd, so I assume I ovulated then. I got very faint positive test yesterday morning, and went that afternoon for a blood draw. I have very nice positives on tests, today. My lab work came back - hcg 10, progesterone 9.7. The nurse was kind of a butt and said, “we don’t recommend getting pregnant before having a normal period, following a mc, so I can’t guarantee anything.” Ugh. Anyway, do the levels seem okay? She didn’t really explain it. I go back Monday. I’m just trying to stay hopeful. A pic of my very faint line on the 12th, and one from today is below. Thank you

user submitted image

3 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

My doctors always told me to wait but so many others are told they can try again if they want to, it just depends on the doctor. Sucks that the nurse is being that way but I’ll be honest that I get that type of attitude from most nurses I’ve dealt with so try to take it with a grain of salt. Next time I’d let her know that while you appreciate her insight, you’ve ended up pregnant and want to know what you’re #’s look like, not her negative opinion. Ugh, so irritating. I got some crap even with this current pregnancy as my urine was so diluted when I came in they were condescending to me about my mistake of being pregnant.

Anyway on the new pregnancy and your test looks great so try to take comfort in that. I know it’s a stressful wait but hang in there!

5 years ago

Your tests look great! Clearly the HCG rising! The first draw isn't such a big deal as the following draws are. As long as your levels are doubling every 24 to 72 hours hours then your good. As for the nurses comment....I was 7weeks pregnant when we lost our little poppy at the end of July. When I went in to see the my OBGYN he said there was no real reason to wait to try again. He said that there was no medical evidence to suggest that a pregnancy concieved right after a miscarriage would end in another miscarriage or cause me any issues. As long as we felt mentally ready that we could. He did also say that if I had been past the 1st trimester or if I had to have a DNC that he would suggest waiting. I know every woman is different and every doc is different. But in my opinion you haven't done anything wrong. Please keep us posted with your numbers!! Btw just so you know...the American pregnancy association says that HCG levels that are 5-426 miu are considered normal for pregnancy at 4 weeks.

User image

5 years ago

Thank you, so much for your answers. That helps settle my heart. I’m very hopeful. We have 4 beautiful and healthy babies. So, when we lost ours, last month, we were heartbroken as we’ve been blessed to never have dealt with issues, before. So, this is all new territory, for us. Hopeful for this rainbow baby, number 5.

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo