Community post

Question

Fertility test

Monday I am going in for two test. One to check and make sure my tubes are open, and one to check my uterus ( HSG and SSG?) Anyway, does anyone have experience with this ? And did you get a BFP soon after ?? I had a tubal reversal 2 1/2 years ago so there could be some scare tissue in my tubes. I am not too concerned about the pain as I am willing to go through it if it will help move things along. So, tell me your experience....

2 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I had an HSG and SSG in 2013, it wasn't bad at all. A lot of it depends on the skill level of the tech or Dr doing it. Initially, when they shot the dye up there, both tubes seized. I felt a bit of bloating type pressure as he turned up the pressure on the dye, then they relaxed and opened. It was relatively quick. The SSG was right after, nothing really felt any different.
I do advise u to bring a light pad or heavy liner, becuz there may be some leakage of dye for the next bit.
A few hours after all was said and done, the bloating was no joke. I could barely sit flat on my butt there was so much bloat and pressure. It resolved itself by morning, and was totally worth it just knowing everything was ok.
One thing that did happen, and doesn't happen to everyone, is it effed up my cycle. I attempted to O twice before successfully O'ing the 3rd try (12 days later than my norm). I had the ewcm, the pains, the surge then the non-fertile cm after, but no temp confirmation. The 3rd time, I was a little tired of my body by then, it was the weakest and most pathetic O I've ever had. Long story short(ened), I got my BFP 6 months later. The test didn't help me in that way but it def offered some relief that everything was ok inside. Some women have great luck with it tho.

If ur concerned about pain during the procedure, u can take some Tylenol or Motrin an hour before...u probably won't need it tho. Just stay relaxed, tensing up is not ur friend.

Best of luck! Update how it went for u! =))

5 years ago

Thank you !

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo