Community post

Success story

ttc through artificial insemination

i all, me and my partner are in a same sex relationship, we have been together 2 years and engaged for 1 year.
we have been trying over the past months for a baby through AI to complete our family.

the first time we tried AI we drove ourselves crazy in the TWW by googling everything from very early pregnancy signs & symptoms to other peoples signs & symptoms just to see if my partner should be feeling anything (as it is my partner who will be carrying our baby) we tested from 12DPO and kept getting BFN, we were heartbroken and never believed it would happen to us at this point.

2nd attempt at AI we done the same as above to end off with BFN yet again, we were heartbroken.

this went on for a further 3 months but the amount of googling and searching we were previously doing decreased over the months, we were giving up hope as the months went on.

we decided to wait until after christmas to give it another go...
so in february we tried again with the thought at the end of it would be another BFN

we have not over thought anything or googled anything and just got on with everyday things....

we tested yesterday as my partner was feeling sick, has sore boobs and said she just wasnt feeling herself and got our *BFP*

we really cant believe our luck, we have our little rainbow baby growing. we couldnt be anymore delighted than when we seen the second line appear.

if theres anyone out there thats trying through AI or just trying for a baby and are giving up hope please read our story again, it will happen its just about timing/ tracking and dont drive yourself crazy thinking and over thinking.

we send baby dust to all you ladies trying. :-)

0 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo