Community post

Success story

Hooray! BFP on 10DPO...2nd baby

I love this site and have visited it regularly for the past 7 months. I always enjoyed reading the success stories and couldn't wait to post ours someday. Our background: we conceived our daughter on the first try after my Nuva Ring had been out for one month. I didn't use OPKs, medicines, preseed, charting/temping, or any other accessories or methods. I also only saw my guy 2 times a month since he lived in a remote place in Alaska, accesible only by float plane. So when we got our BFP at 12DPO on the first try last time I really didn't know how lucky we were! Our daughter is now 22 months old. We had been trying for 7 months this time. Throughout the entire 7 months, I used OPKs. We started using Preseed at 5 months, and I started temping, charting at 6 months. I know 7 months isn't long compared to what others of you have waited, but as you know..each 2WW drags on and on! I was reluctant to temp because a) it seemed like too much work..ha! and b) I work night shift as an OB RN and figured my chart would look all wonky because of my erratic sleep/wake schedule...it turned out great (except CD gave me a hight coverline..FF gave me a 97.3 line). Also, due to night shift, BDing was somewhat hard to fit in since I woke up when DH got home and then I only had 1.5 hours before I had to leave for work and my daughter did not find it amusing to be shut out of our bedroom. Sigh. Nothing kills the mood like a toddler knocking on your bedroom door and saying, "Knock! Knock! Enter?" :) Anyway, I had a chemical in June...:( I started my period July 28...tested BFN til the bitter AF show. Got a postive OPK on CD14. BD'd 2 days before the positive OPK, the day of, and two days after. I tried to remain horizontal for at least 30 minutes. As far as symptoms goes...I swore with each new cycle I was pregnant only to get 30 BFNs (I like to buy the cheapo early 10miu online tests). I had symptom after symptom..strange uterine 'fullness', headaches (never get them), acne (not normal for me), hot flashes, nausea, exhaustion (possibly from my toddler and working nights???), and cramping. I drove myself nutso examining each twinge or pull. I started to think I had something wrong with me because of all the weird symptoms. It was probably because I had never spent so much time and effort tuning into my body, and now that I was I was wide eyed at all the sensations happening throughout my cycle. As far as this month....here is the rundown:
1-3 DPO: mild cramping
3-5 DPO: very light breast tenderness ...this never happens
5-Now DPO: Can you say irritable? Grrrr! Not my normal happy self
5-7 DPO: More noticeable breast tenderness..but still light, BFN ..I know, I know.
7-9 DPO: Mild waves of cramping
10 DPO: Temps still up around 98.4!! BFP on 10miu online test...super faint, but within 3 minutes and no need to squint, hold it up to the light or do anything else to it...it was there without the help of my imagination:)
11DPO: BFP with digital and FRER. Repeated 10miu online test and it was way lighter than the FRER and digital (digital said 'Pregnant' but when I pulled the test stick out the test line was dark. Period.) Isn't that strange??
11DPO-Now: Intense stomach growling when I wake up...never happened before!
Since then, I've tested using the 10miu online tests to check on the darkening of the line and the lines have gotten darker (it is now 16DPO) but they aren't as dark as the control line yet.

I wish you all the luck in your adventure in babymaking...try to have fun and find ways to distract yourself from the obsession:) Hoping for a happy and healthy 8 more months!
Sending you all love, light and baby dust!
Steph

PS...I breastfeed my daughter occasionally...every day to every other day. Now it's time to wean so I can have my bbs to myself for a few months:)

" rel="nofollow">

0 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo