Community post

Journal

First Fertility Dr. Appointment

First appointment is tomorrow.... And as nervous as I am, I'm equally excited...

And AMAZINGLY my insurance is pretty much paying for EVERYTHING! Including up to $2,000 of IUI...

I just gotta think of all the questions I need to ask them...

Technically I should be ovulating pretty damn soon (if not today), so if they do have a treatment plan for me, it might not start til next month.... But that's still better than never!!!

Eep!!!! I can't believe this is happening, and soon!

6 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

So awesome that your insurance is helping out! Best of luck!!!

9 years ago

Thank you! I couldn't believe it!
Have any ideas for questions to ask?

9 years ago • Post starter

Just make sure they do whole bunch of testing - bloodwork and HSG, etc and if your DH did not get Sperm Analysis done yet make sure you get that done as well :) Good luck and definitively they will not do anything this cycle (no IUI) - possibly blood test after you ovulate to check your progesterone. Most fertility clinics like to do blood work on CD#3 to check all the hormones and just get ready - they will take a lot of blood :) MY DH also had to get the blood work done. HSG is usually done after your period ends and before you ovulate (my Dr does not do it after CD#12) so that might be next cycle as well.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Thank you all so very much!! I will definitely update ( probably as soon as I get back) definitely as things go along!
@Basia30 THANK YOU!! it's been so hard to get info as to what the 1st appt will be like! That helps a lot! <3

9 years ago • Post starter

no problem - they will most likely do an ultrasound that day and just sit down and talk to you and schedule you for testing :) they will ask how long you will be trying and if you noticed any issues (spotting, painful periods, etc)

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

if you have questions shoot me a message :) I don't always check TTC Journal

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo