Community post

Journal

Brushed away like im nothing...

This morning i went to see the consultant to discuss my laparoscopy results. He briefly explained that my tubes were open but they were damaged and stuck to my pelvis by adhesions and that this is what has prevented me getting pregnant. He said that surgery to release my tubes was pointless as the success rates are very poor and surgery carries more risks than positives. He then told me what i already know that i am not eligible for IVF funding but that is my best option. Then that was that and i was discharged and sent on my way.

'Sorry you can't get pregnant but unless you have 4 grand theres nothing left to say goodbye'

I went to clinic on my own as my OH couldn't get the day off work and i have never felt so useless and unimportant in my life.

My world has fallen apart. My whole relationship, my family, my future are all cast in doubt and uncertainty and i am so scared i honestly don't know what to do. Apart from cry which seems to be the only thing i am capable of right now!

3 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

Some Dr's have shit people skills and should pick a different Job. I am sorry that you are going through this but I would definitely get a second opinion or your can always look at alternative medicine which is cheaper and can be just as effective x

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

9 years ago

Consultants in this country suck when treating nhs patients! So sorry you are going through this. You could try appealing against not receiving funding stating unfair treatment (I assume it's because you have two children that the NHS are being arses). Lots of couples have been successful and had funding in the end (know of one who even got three cycles after appealing!)
Never give up! Gemma has a good point about alternative medicine to, acupuncture could be worth a shot. Xxxx

9 years ago

Sorry for late reply been trying to get my head around it all so haven't been on much. Thanks for your kind words ladies. I live in west yorkshire and i have requested a copy of my results which apparently will be sent to me when they are sent back to the GP who referred me. I have been looking into alternative therapies and i have started an enzyme treatment that breaks up adhesions and blockages. The reason i'm not eligible is because i have got 2 kids but my partner doesn't have any. I consider myself extremely blessed to be a mum and would love nothing more than to share the experience with the man i love but the doctor made me feel selfish for wanting another. I can't give up although at times i have wished that i didn't feel this way... good luck to all you lovely ladies on your own journeys xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo