Community post

Journal

On to my last chance ever...

Well, AF is here. On to a new cycle and one last chance. One last chance? Yes, see, my husband had a vasectomy at the end of November, against my wishes. I asked him not to, told him how I felt, that things could change in a couple years (financially), but nope, we have 3 kids and that was enough. And apparently the only reason we have 3, is because our first and second kids were girls. He really wanted his boy, so we went for a third and got our boy. I have always wanted 4 kids though. Everyone says that you will just know when you are done, and I don't feel "done". But I guess I get the short end of the stick and am left to deal with all these feelings. But anyways, after he had it done I was obviously very upset with him, and I didn't ask how it went, didn't ask how he was, did not take care of him, nothing. I barely spoke to him, unless it was necessary or to be mean. Yes, I was a bitch to him. But after about 3 days he finally realized how upset I was and said that we could try in these next couple months, since there is still sperm left. First cycle, I ovulated later (by 4 days!), so that didn't work. This was the second cycle, and we got it this time, 2 days before ovulation, but obviously didn't work. So, he might have some left for this cycle, but I'm not holding out much hope. But I'm going to try, and maybe I'll get lucky. And if your the praying the type, could you please pray for me, that either God blesses me with another child or that He gives me a peace about all this, because right now it sucks, and it hurts. Thanks for listening.

7 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Comments

I don't know what to say - I understand why you are hurting and my prayers are with you. *hugs*

9 years ago

So sorry you are going through this.... but who knows you might just get your miracle baby FX

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

9 years ago

Wow, sweets. I'm kind of at a loss. I can understand why you feel the way you do. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of this. Hopefully he still has some spermies left. I'll be praying for your miracle baby. Hugs!

9 years ago

Wow I can't imagine what your going through. I will try and give you some hope though. I have a brother that was conceived two years after my father had a vasectomy. Apparently they are suppose to go back and get it checked he never did. I questioned it at first but that boy is a splitting image of my father. There is still hope hun. I really hope that you get your miracle soon. I have everything crossed for you.

9 years ago

Thank you ladies, and I'm sorry. I just needed to vent. It all came to a head today when my period started. And I don't even know if I have chance this cycle because he hasn't been tested yet. So it may all be for naught.

And thanks Randall! I'm actually hoping it does fail! Is that bad?

And for future reference, when you ladies are done having children, and decide to go the permanent route, make sure you both agree on it. If one of you still maybe wants more kids, don't make it permanent just yet. It will only create resentment.

9 years ago • Post starter

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I don't really know what to say, but I've read that some men get a vasectomy reversal & it works. Maybe in time he'll agree to something like that. {{Hugs}}.

9 years ago

This is really a sad story, I pray that you get your last baby and be happy...

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo