Community post

Journal

Learning to Cope

On June 11th my husband and I found out that we were expecting! I had experienced a regular period and had stopped bleeding when a day later I started spotting again. For me that is extremely out of the ordinary. On a whim I decided to go home and take a pregnancy test, fully expecting the outcome to read negative. After waiting five minutes and glancing down at the pregnancy test, I had the shock of my life. I screamed for my husband that there were two lines and then promptly decided to take another test, one that was more sensitive. There was a plus sign on that one! June 11th quickly became one of the best days of my life. Unfortunately I was still experiencing spotting and was also scared that something could be wrong. The very next morning I called my OBGYN and asked if she could order some blood work. After 3 blood draws, a rhogam shot, and a scheduled ultrasound it was determined that I was having a miscarriage. The next monday we had an appt with my OBGYN who was so sweet and explained there was nothing that I could do it was not my fault. I was scheduled to have blood work done again the following Monday to make sure my levels were dropping like they should. My husband and I were still so heartbroken and I was a mess. I had only known that I was carrying my sweet baby for 4 days before I found out that I was miscarrying. I am not sure if knowing for longer would have helped, or hurt more. The Tuesday after my Blood work I received a call from my OBGYN office. They needed a STAT ultrasound performed to see why my HCG levels were rising instead of dropping. Fear instantly set in as I could only expect the worse. Ectopic Pregnancy. The Dr hadnt even had to speak the words and I was terrified. I was already losing my baby, I didnt want to have to go through a surgery and recovery as it a constant reminder of your loss. After two ultrasounds and a repeat lab draw, my doctor told me I would need to have diagnostic surgery done to determine If I was having an ectopic pregnancy as they couldnt quite tell from the ultrasound. I woke up to finding out that I did have an Ectopcic Pregnancy. The last month has defenitely been a roller coaster of emotions for both my husband and I. I am so ready to start a family but I also am mourning the loss of my first child and so scared to start thi whole process again.

0 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo