Community post

Journal

Nausea

The nausea comes and goes. When it hits it is horrible and I have to lay down. It seems to be related to standing up, and actually not related to food at all (except meat... holy moly I cannot eat chicken!)

I did get some "sea bands" and I didn't believe they would work but they seem to be helping! Horay! I'll be 5 weeks on Thursday. My sister said "What if you're having twins?" and we talked about it but she was super sick once she found out she was pregnant too. Could just be genetic!

Any tricks for managing nausea are very welcome. Good luck to all out there TTC! I mean it!

Update: LOL I AM HAVING TWINS!!!

5 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Comments

With the twins, my MS was so bad. I tried everything. The best tip I can give you is small meals constantly. Crackers, stuff like that. I also thought the bands worked well. It got worse, and I was puking all the time, waking up in the night to puke. My doctor gave me two prescriptions, one for the day, one for night. Working full time and with a toddler, it was the only way to function. It helped considerably. If things get worse, talk to your doctor.

Some folks are just blessed with really bad morning sickness whether it's one baby or more. I know for me it was a huge difference between the two, but my mother had 4 kinds and terrible MS with each one.

I hate to say this, but it's often a sign of a healthy pregnancy, and it usually clicks off after first trimester.

Thinking of you!

7 years ago

Thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate it! I didn't realize they had prescriptions for that kind of thing so that is good to know, if it gets any worse I will consider that for sure. It's a great reminder that this is a good sign :) Thank you again!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi,
May i know the days your nausea started. I have been having constant Nausea from the day i believe i ovulated. Initially i thought this is a new sign of ovulation for me since i have started taking gelatinized Maca. It is now 4 DPO and the nausea is getting worse. Perhaps my mind is playing a trick on me.

7 years ago

Also congratulations ! :D

7 years ago

Hi! My nausea started on 13DPO ish. So I believe I ovulated Oct 27 and I didn't get nauseated until about Nov 9 :)

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo