Community post

Journal

Appointment Was Today...

Been quite a while since I updated, mostly because nothing has been different since my last entry. I've kinda petered out on the charting. It feels hopeless seeing as how I get the same exact result every single day. OPK -. Period Spotting. I've stopped temping for now as well, seeing as how I'm not ovulating what is the point? Plus I wasn't doing a very good job. Still taking prenatal vitamins though.

But seeing as how all that's the same lets walk through my appointment!

When I scheduled it (over the phone) I basically said that I have some concerns about fertility and need to have a "women's health" check up. They scheduled it. It finally came! Today was the big big day when I finally start getting the ball rolling!!

I go in, start fillin' out paper work, get pulled back where they weigh (augh) and measure me, then take me to a little room where they take my vitals and listen to my lungs and ask me ten thousand questions.

Smoke?
Drink?
Drugs?
Medications?
Medical History?
Any Surgeries?
Any Hospitalizations?
Why are you here today?
When was your last period?

I could go on and on. After speaking with that fellow for a while another fellow came in and asked a slew of questions (a lot of them repeats) but I was able to go in to a little more detail with him as his questions were more specific to how I'd answered the last. For instance "When was your last period?"; "Uhhhhhh Fe...bbruurrrayyy?"; "And what was that one's flow like, what made it different?". Honestly February was a big guess, because in the past 5 years I haven't seen a "period" like the ones I remember when I first started. They were heavy and since I've never felt cramping I wouldn't really realize it until I saw it on my underwear (it sucked a lot, honestly, and it got to a point where I would just wear a pad all the time because they were so heavy I was afraid it'd "leak" and I'd get super embarrassed).

After that fellow and I spoke for a while I finally got to see my Doctor!!!

She came in and sat down and started explaining to me what PCOS is. She asked me when I did have periods way back when were they painful? As I said, I've never felt cramping, so she ruled out Endometriosis, and said they would schedule an appointment to get a pap smear and possibly some blood work done, then after that they'd refer me to their preferred fertility doctor in the city.

A part of me wants to cry, but I know that PCOS is possibly the best obstacle as far as reproduction problems go because it is so treatable. Right now it's not set in stone of course, so that part scares me a little bit, too. My mom and my grandmother both had complications during one of their pregnancies (my grandmother having problems conceiving my youngest uncle, and my mother having a miscarriage).

Soooo yeah.

Guess I'll find out more on the 30th. For now I feel like putting away the OPK's, BBT, and charts because it's a little upsetting knowing it's pointless as I am not ovulating. Just wasting time and materials.

0 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo