Community post

Journal

Pre-Conception Appointment Scheduled!

So it's been almost a week since my first journal entry, figured since this TTC thing isn't exactly a daily excitement updating once a week would be fine.

Yesterday my AF started, in a way I'm down 'cause obviously this means no baby, but in another way I'm a little relieved because this is my first period in I don't even remember how long. I have a very irregular period. Around 6 months ago it seemed to be constant spotting, it was aggravating to say the least, and after about a month of spotting (usually it was a little pink on the tissue at least once a day) it stopped, completely. I'm just guesstimating on the months there but it seems like forever since my last period. In fact, I know that I haven't had one at LEAST since the end of June.

Anyway, so I scheduled a pre-conception appointment with an OB/GYN to get this shit figured out, I mean, it's not normal to go a couple months of spotting then a lot of months of nothing, but I've been used to it growing up as I've never had a regular cycle. The day of the appointment is September 9th so you can bet I'll write about it. I fear it may be PCOS from the way I've seen a lot of ladies describe it in the TTC forums. Though I'd rather it be PCOS than anything else.

On another note, my BDing looks like crap this week because my poor DH somehow got Staph Infection in a bug bite on his leg, at first we thought it was just a mild infection and were applying TAO on it, but then just 42 hours later it was twice the size, hard, and hot to the touch. He also complained of it hurting when he walked and was making it physically hard to do anything. So he went to the ER. They lanced and rained it, plugged it up with gauze, and gave him some hydrocodone and bactrim. It's right on his lap, too, so BDing is pretty much impossible until he's recovered. I've been takin' care of him though <3

Had my first person today ask "Any luck with the baby makin?" all I could think to say was "No..." and trail off. I was so excited and wanted to tell everyone so I told my close co-workers. I kind of regret it now, since it pissed off DH (he said "I don't want everyone to know we're having sex!" I laughed but he was really upset because he wanted it to be personal... oops) and because people are going to be asking how the 'baby making' is going. >_<

On the plus side I quit smoking (sort of, switched to e-cigs). And I'm making an effort to have a healthier lifestyle. I'm also getting the hang of this BBT thing. At first I think there were a couple times where I had moved around too much before taking my temp or took the thermometer out too soon because I'm half asleep and it falls out of my mouth, but other than that I'm doing good! I haven't really noticed a pattern yet but like I said, I'm just getting used to it and it's only been about a week since I started. Hopefully my charts start to look a little more normal haha..

Hmm I said this journal would be exciting... this is boring as hell.

Sorry, I got nothin'.

There's my weekly update!

1 Comment • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Not terribly boring. I got through it :) You're right though. It's not the most exciting thing unless you're post ovulation and are tracking symptoms or are taking drugs and tacking what's happening there. It's fun when you know you're about to ovulate and then again a week later when you break down and start poas.

Your DH is funny. I think people just assume you're having sex. Heh, but maybe now they'll be certain.

I'm also making the transition to e-cigs... in slomo. Maybe I should start chewing on pens and straws.

Good luck! I look forward to 9/9 to hear all about it.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo