Community post

Journal

Softcup//Schedule Explination

First of all, kudos to you! You get to experience the most exciting TTC Journal in the history of blogging!

I am TTC, obviously.

And lemme tell ya, it's been difficult charting. I work Overnights from 11pm - 7am, and I sleep from about 8am - 2pm. I count the time between 2pm - 8am as one day, obviously. As an example of how this seems odd;

If I BD when I get home from work at about 7:30am, then I will put it down as BDing "yesterday". I fall asleep, I wake up, and I BD- that counts as "today" until 12am (in which case it counts as "yesterday" because the calender automatically moves forward).

I've got it figured out how I want to do it, though I have considered changing my time zone to make it look more like I get up at 7am, go to work at 4pm and get off at midnight, but then I'd really feel screwy so I try not to obsess over the times too much.

Confused yet? Good, lets skip all that and get to the baby makin'!

Yesterday evening (8am/bedtime for me) after BDing I used a Softcup for the first time, it was... daunting at first. I unwrapped it and thought "damn this thing is huge," and squeezed it in to that figure 8 shape, and pushed it right on in' (oh yeah, here's your "graphic" warning). To my surprise I couldn't really feel it. At first I thought maybe I didn't put it in right, but after I got up and walked around a bit, and didn't feel anything leaking I was pretty excited. The Softcup, while designed for keeping your menstrual cycle from leaking, is great for holding sperm in because it keeps it right up next to your cervix (as apposed to MoonCup and DivaCup or whatever they're called, where they have a long point and "fill up" essentially. Gross.) Softcup is also great if you are on your period and want to BD without the mess. You'd have to use some kind of lubricant, though, obviously.

Anyways so I fully endorse this Softcup thing. Not only was it unnoticeable, but when I took it out there wasn't really a whole lot of stuff inside. I imagined it would look like a shallow used condom full of stinky semen, but it wasn't like that at all. Verrry mess free!

If you're thinking about using it, I recommend it. They are disposable, cheap, and if you are blessed with a regular cycle you can get away with using it just around your OD.

1 Comment • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Oh wow, thanks for your journal on the softcups. I've been wondering whether to give these a go for a while now. So I might just have to try these next cycle. Good luck with your charting, and hope it gets easier for you. Looking forward to your next journal. baby dust. :0)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo