Community post

Journal

Back from "a break"

After 4 failed IUI's with clomid, and 1 failed IUI with injectable meds, Our Re suggested we go straight to IVF. My DH and I took a few months off to take a mental and physical break, and to get get financially ready. RE approved since I am still young and healthy. So last cycle I called and told them we were ready. Got all the meds, and I've been taking the leupron shot 2x daily.

Just when I've finally accepted things, I got a call from the RE office, looks like our insurance won't approve IVF until we do 2 more IUI's. I am crushed. I don't know what to think. Should I be relieved I get 2 more opportunities? How much more can we afford? ahhhh!!!

I'm starting to feel defeated. When it is going to happen for us. I can only imagine what couples deal with after years and years of trying. I know we were lucky to go straight to a RE, but each failed cycle it hurts... and my DH wants children so badly. We are ready.

So I was told to continue my meds while the doctors try an appeal process. I have a "base line" appt for IVF tomorrow. I hope I find out soon what i'm doing. Its hard to be social and act normal when all this baby stuff is going on in the background. I need answers. I need strength. I need a BFP.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

2 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

You are in my thoughts and I hope that the appeal process goes well for your IVF treatment. Our insurance is a mess and won't even cover DH's SA!

You ladies have helped keep me going during some very sad times...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

11 years ago

Thanks SugarBear. Unfortunately it didn't go through, but this in not a lost cycle. We just have to do two more IUI before our insurance will cover IVF. I'm kinda surprised your insurance wont cover that. I hate insurances, they're so frustrating to deal with.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo