Community post

Journal

Feeling Depressed and soo worried :{

Im 20 and have been trying for a baby almost a year now. Me and my partner are getting really worried, we have tried everything weve heard to help us concieve ( staying lay down in bed for half an hour after sex, bicycling in the air afterwards and also raising the hips slightly and 'the best sex positions' ) .. two of my friends have rencently gave birth and i love being around their babys but now its in my mind that its almost been a year for me 'trying' and all i seem to do is stay in all day everyday and feel like crying all the time.. im soo afraid to make an appointment with my GP just incase i get the news i soo do not want to hear :'( what if i cannot concieve ? what if i am infertile ? i would not know what to do with myself if it came to that.

One of my friends recommended ' Folic Acid ' ? Said it would improve my chances of getting preganant .. have any of yous ever tried it ? I would really appreciate it if someone who is using it or have used it in the past could let me know if it really does help ? I want to try everything I can before I go to my GP, ive heard its very painful to get tested to see if your fertile.

User Image

2 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Hi Charlotte- I'm so sorry to hear it's taking so long to conceive, I'm on my TTC journey with ya! I have heard that FOLIC ACID is in a Prenatal Vitamin, and if you're not already taking one- start taking it! Its supposed to really help your body start to get on track. Also, sorry to get in your buis- but are you using Lube? Wasn't sure what type you use but if you're using Astroglide, or KY it kills the sperm. Switch to Preseed if you haven't started using it already! Do you temp or use OPK's to see when you ovulate? Not sure if you have tried these as well, but I hear they really help when TTC. Baby Dust to you!!!! :)

12 years ago

Hey Jane
Thankyou for commenting, means alot, its nice to speak to someone whos in the same position as you.
I am definitely going to start taking Folic Acid :).
I dont mind you asking me that but no I dont use lube and I havent tried OPK's yet either but as soon as I can i will give them ago as ive heard alot about them since joining. Hopefully we will both get our BFP's very soon :)
Thanks again for commeting, really appreciate it!
Baby Dust to you too :D

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo