Community post

Question

Disappearing line??? Faulty test, chemical or too early?

At 9&10 dpo I got five faint positives on Internet cheapie tests. Very pink and no mistaking it. I ran out of those tests so the next morning (10dpo) I took a FRER with first morning urine and it's stark white negative. I'm so confused after so many tests showing lines.

Digital also shows negative. Now I also noticed light brown spotting today. Nothing major but it was noticeable. Is this indicative of a chemical?

2 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

9-10dpo is a bit too early, the implantation only starts on 7-10dpo, and it is only after that hcg is produced
i never had a pos with a cheapie earlier than 12dpo, they have very little dye in them
10dpo is surely far too early for a digital - they only pick up 13-14 dpo, they need more hcg
wait a couple more days and retest, maybe your spotting is implantation that is only beginning now

7 years ago

It's very possible that it was a chemical. 9-10dpo is not too early, I had a vvf + on 8dpo and a positive digital on 9dpo. Digis are a little more sensitive than some ppl think. CB with weeks starts registering at 10mIU. Give it a cpl more days and try again. I've never had great luck with frer or fmu.
Good luck! =))

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo