Community post

Question

advice for newbie- ovulation tracking and tools

I'm 42 and TTC. Got pregnant in January on our first try. miscarried at 9 weeks.

I only have ever tracked my period start date, so I'm looking for advice on tools and tracking methods for ovulation so I can be more mindful next cycle.

I am currently 10dpo and pretty much feeling out this go around. Not to mention the numerous BFNs!

2 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I'd suggest reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. I'd also suggest getting a BBT thermometer (I personally really like the Mabis and it's cheap) and signing up for FertilityFriend.com. FF will also offer you a free charting course that gives you a lot of great information.

And if you need help timing sex OPKs are great.

Also, since you started TTC in January and you're 42 you may want to go ahead and make an appointment with a Reproductive Endocrinologist if you haven't already. The general rule of thumb is to see an RE if you're 35+ and you've been TTC for 6+ months without a successful pregnancy.

I hope you get your rainbow baby soon.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo